PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

biodarwin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 11, 2019
Indy
LBF is decent, but kind of bland. I would never guess there is any perique in it without being told so, if I'm being completely honest. It gets better after a year or two in a jar, but is still nowhere near as good as Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls.

Deluxe Navy Rolls are twice as expensive. Not an entirely fair comparison.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
LBF is decent, but kind of bland. I would never guess there is any perique in it without being told so, if I'm being completely honest. It gets better after a year or two in a jar, but is still nowhere near as good as Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls.
It's like smoking cardboard when smoked fresh, but put it away for a minimum of 4 years and it develops really rich flavors. The stuff is released way too soon. Is it the same as Peterson Navy Rolls? No, but STG/Dunhill/Peterson Navy Rolls wasn't the same as the original Murrays/Dunhill Navy Rolls. The closest thing to the the Original Murrays was Curly Block before STG got their hands on it and changed it earlier this year.

Papamique

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 11, 2020
It's like smoking cardboard when smoked fresh, but put it away for a minimum of 4 years and it develops really rich flavors.

I have quite a few tobaccos. From aged to fresh. Tins and bulk. Common and hard to get. With all of this tobacco I find myself grabbing LBF 95% of the time because I crave the grassy VaPer taste. My aged LBF is great but most of the time I like the fresh one better. With age it mellows the grass flavor and brings out more spice, IMO. This is where individual taste comes in. One mans cheap bulk is another’s daily smoke. Not out of necessity, mind you, but because I crave this tobacco more often than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.