PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
You're high. Marlin Flake >> Davidoff Flake Medallions > Luxury Bullseye Flake. I thought Luxury Bullseye Flake was for people who bought power tools at Harbor Freight?

Also, just waiting for the half key bags of Marlin Flake to be in stock.
McConnell Highgate > Peterson Deluxe Navy Rolls > Davidoff Flake Medallions > Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake
>Marlin Flake

Papamique

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 11, 2020
I was recently told this....
“So unfortunately STG Lane, the manufacturer for Stokkebye tobacco, is going through some production changes, mainly shifting it all to Denmark from the US.
This has created some backorder situations for lots of popular tobaccos, including PS403 Bullseye & PS400 Navy Flake.”

I was assured this is all temporary, lasting 1-2 months tops before it is back in stock consistently.

Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
“So unfortunately STG Lane, the manufacturer for Stokkebye tobacco, is going through some production changes, mainly shifting it all to Denmark from the US.
This has created some backorder situations for lots of popular tobaccos, including PS403 Bullseye & PS400 Navy Flake.”

I was assured this is all temporary, lasting 1-2 months tops before it is back in stock consistently.
Thanks for the info! Good to see my spidey senses are working properly.

jerseysam

Can't Leave
Mar 24, 2019
Liberty Township. OH

LBF done, all that leaf is going into releases of Hot Cherry Bendover Virginia to keep the aromatics flowing ? I was worried that other thread spilled the beans too early, but the Danes move fast!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA

In the news business, this what we used to call “burying the lede”, or mistaking a minor detail for the most important part of the story.

STG is closing their US manufacturing plant (the former Lane facility in Tucker, GA.)

The production of some of the blends made there will now be moved to the former Orlik plant in Assens, DK.
Some blends will not survive the shift and will probably disappear forever. I suspect that some of the small volume blends will now be made at the CI/P&C warehouse in Bethlehem, PA.

Either way, all of the blends that survive the closing of the old Lane plant will change.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
In the news business, this what we used to call “burying the lede”, or mistaking a minor detail for the most important part of the story.

STG is closing their US manufacturing plant (the former Lane facility in Tucker, GA.)

The production of some of the blends made there will now be moved to the former Orlik plant in Assens, DK.
Some blends will not survive the shift and will probably disappear forever. I suspect that some of the small volume blends will now be made at the CI/P&C warehouse in Bethlehem, PA.

Either way, all of the blends that survive the closing of the old Lane plant will change.
Like what could possibly be dropped? 1Q? ?

• Haha
Reactions: Papamique

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
LBF is decent, but kind of bland. I would never guess there is any perique in it without being told so, if I'm being completely honest. It gets better after a year or two in a jar, but is still nowhere near as good as Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.