PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
You jogged my memory. I watched this movie once. I won’t make any claims, but I don’t eat high fructose corn syrup since.
it's just sugar. It gets a reputation for being worse, because it's cheaper and is put into products at an much higher rate. Basically if you put that much cane sugar in stuff it would be prohibitively expensive and cause just the same health problems. And it's put into everything so people are eating insanely unhealthy levels of sugar all the time now. Worst part it's cheaper because it's made from corn and corn is subsidized. :) Fun stuff. Or why that's pretty much an American problem or at least a problem with American companies.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
The store at which I shop offers X, XX and XXX mayo, designating increasing levels of fat. Of course I buy the XXX. Then when I get home I liquify the lb of fatback that I also buy and mix it with the mayo, making what I call XXXXXXXX mayo.

Now that's tasty!!!

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
That's all. The partner bought some and the simple fact is using half as much of the regular stuff is better then the low fat crap. In fact water is probably better on all counts. No calories and doesn't taste like garbage. The only good thing about the low fat stuff is it tastes so bad it could get you to swear off food.
Low fat mayo is the work of the devil. Whoever invented that shit deserves their own dedicated circle of hell. Right below the person that invented low fat sour cream, which is almost as bad. Although at the very bottom of the infernal pit is the false prophet that created Miracle Whip ?, but that’s another subject, I reckon.

username

Lifer
Dec 24, 2014
Tucson Az
I don’t like mayonnaise but that is probably because i just was exposed to whatever was the cheapest Mayo my parents bought. Miracle whip is of the devil. Now spicy Mayo like in a spicy tuna roll I like. But regular Mayo get that away from my sandwich.

Reactions: anotherbob

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Low fat mayo is the work of the devil. Whoever invented that shit deserves their own dedicated circle of hell. Right below the person that invented low fat sour cream, which is almost as bad. Although at the very bottom of the infernal pit is the false prophet that created Miracle Whip ?, but that’s another subject, I reckon.
probably the same person that thought oatmeal raisin cookies where not a war crime.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Better to eat less but eat real food. The processed food with 45 ingredients with chemical names on the label can't be healthful. The body needs an amount of fats, just don't eat the mayo with a spoon.
110% the right answer!

Our big revelation was trying heritage Greek black pig pork, raised on farm, foraging in an oak and beech forest, and very importantly slaughtered many months later than typical mass production pork as the pigs were left to fatten themselves naturally, not confined in a metal box. The meat was ruby red, taste out of this world and FILLING. When the taste is so intense you naturally eat less.