New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I don't know that I found any tobacco I loved at first smoke. Have had a number though I decided deserved a second and third date that subsequently developed into long term love affairs. It takes spme time to confirm that you really love a blend. To act otherwise will result in a cellar with a lot of dead weight.

Architeuthis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2021
SG Golden Glow and Best Brown Flake. Fortunately at the time they were widely available...

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
My taste continues to change, but I have yet to find anything by Gawith Hoggard & Co. that I didn’t likepuffy

If you bounce between Smokingpipes.com and Pipesandcigars.com, there is a pretty good selection of G&H tobaccos still in stock. You may have known this, but I am pretty busy and miss out on tobacco drops all the time.

Reactions: That Guy and STP

JohnClyde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 8, 2020
UK
Not a daily smoker, but immediate and sustained hits include:

Germains Rich Dark Flake
FVF
Germains Special Latakia Flake

Each seems to have something both singular and mercurial about it, so I never get bored.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Ah many, but not smoked every day, familiarity breeds contempt.

DLNRs
Nightcap
Bayou Morning Flake
GH sweet rum twist
HH ODF
Motzek Dark Twist
GH Bob's choc flake
GH dark flake scented
SG FV plug
SG 1792 flake
HH Acadian Perique (RIP)

Honourable mention HU Janneman Flake, didn't get it at first, then it grew on me.

Philosopiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2021
Ah many, but not smoked every day, familiarity breeds contempt.

DLNRs
Nightcap
Bayou Morning Flake
GH sweet rum twist
HH ODF
Motzek Dark Twist
GH Bob's choc flake
GH dark flake scented
SG FV plug
SG 1792 flake
HH Acadian Perique (RIP)

Honourable mention HU Janneman Flake, didn't get it at first, then it grew on me.
Karam-- You avoid smoking these favorites every day because of a concern that you'll grow to dislike them?

There are tobaccos that I have fallen in love with after the first smoke, but none that I would smoke every day. I have hundreds of varieties in the cellar, so none get that much special attention. My latest tobacco crush has been Habana Daydream, smoked a couple of pounds over the summer, but I've moved on.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
Since 1994 there have been countless blends. I was once a MacBaren fancier, but none of the many tobaccos I’ve enjoyed answer the OP’s inquiry, save one… GRANGER— The first time was outdoors in wind and I could actually taste it. For some reason, this blend speaks to me and I’ve never strayed. — I do find myself reaching for Pegasus almost half the time of late, however, Pegasus wasn’t an instant hit like Granger. I don’t think I’ll ever tire of Granger.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I usually have to smoke a blend for a while before I feel totally accepting of it, and even then, I don't always continue to feel that way. Many of my reordered blends took a while to understand. I think I liked My Mixture 965 and Granger pretty much right away, but most new blends require some time and bowls to win me over. On the other hand, I enjoy variety and new blends, so I often enjoy blends while I am deciding whether I'd ever reorder them. And sometimes I decide I'd reorder them and never do. What an arbitrary dude.