PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
The last time I ordered from a major retailer was in June 2019. Since that time I did score a couple of aged tins from pipestud. The only reason I bought anything in June was because they were aged tins of Capstan Gold RR. The price was right as well. Before that my last order of non aged tobacco was 11/2018.
My cellar was complete years ago but I still added a bunch of stuff in 2018. I have enough tobacco to last my lifetime and the urge to buy anything that is not aged has waned.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Months go by and then a frenzy. Usually triggered by availability and pent up demand or by a visit to a city with a good tobacconist since there isn’t one in my city.

Sometimes I find something new and go hunting for it and then stock up too.

Tomorrow I’m going to pass through a city with a nice little shop so I will try to find something because I like the shop and the owner. Sometimes they just don’t have anything that interests me so I buy pipe cleaners, butane and a newspaper, flints, etc. just so I can support them. Occasionally they have a bonanza though! Once I dropped in and walked out with a large bag of Esoteric and Samuel Gawith tins so you never know.

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
The last time I ordered from a major retailer was in June 2019. Since that time I did score a couple of aged tins from pipestud. The only reason I bought anything in June was because they were aged tins of Capstan Gold RR. The price was right as well. Before that my last order of non aged tobacco was 11/2018.
My cellar was complete years ago but I still added a bunch of stuff in 2018. I have enough tobacco to last my lifetime and the urge to buy anything that is not aged has waned.
Must have been the 2013 tins. I grabbed a lot of those.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
From February to July this year, I think that's the longest.

I don't buy it regular either, though. Guess every couple of months or so. At 1-3 bowls a week, no urgency (well, aside from the pressure due to the oncoming tobacco Nightfall).

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I've bought over 350 lbs in the past two years. I started this buying spree just about this time in 2017. The announcement that Dunhill and McClelland were closing combined with all the FDA and other crap going on made a loud alarm go off in my head. Now that I've pretty much hit my objective, my buying has slowed down substantially. I'm filling in some gaps at this point when some harder to get blend appears. It has not been easy as around 70% or more of that 350 lbs is Virginia Flakes that are sold out far more often than they're available.

I have a reasonably accurate Excel spread sheet of my inventory so it is easy to take determine where I'm definitely good at and where I may want to add some. If I live to be over 100 and continue to smoke at the rate I am now, I may run low or run out. Otherwise, my heirs are going to have some pipes and tobacco to smoke when I pass.

tabakpfeife

Might Stick Around
Jan 18, 2019
Well, since the approach of my state to the "vaping crisis" is apparently not to vigorously enforce the law against teen vaping but rather to have the nanny state ban any and all flavored tobacco products , even for adults, i have to acknowledge that the wolf is now at the door. As a result, i placed a substantial order for my favorite HU aromatic yesterday. I would not have placed the order so soon, but the proverbial handwriting is on the wall. I hope that our Governor will not sign the law in its present form but if he does it will make our state the most radically anti-tobacco state in the country.
[/QUOTE

I live in the same state, and have seen some of the legislation, and am confused. Is the proposed ban relative to pipe tobacco limited to aromatics?

Status
Not open for further replies.