PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindglue

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2016
Three months for me now.
It's a strange moment, I feel content with my cellar.
In some way, I missed the thrill of the hunt, but somehow TAD continue to stay dormant?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Three months for me now.
It's a strange moment, I feel content with my cellar.
In some way, I missed the thrill of the hunt, but somehow TAD continue to stay dormant?
I've gone for a few years at a time. With the amount of pounds and number of pipes I have from buying since '91, the urgency to buy is gone. Twisty puzzles have my full attention now.

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
I bought heavily In the middle and late 90’s to about 2006 and then very selectively up to about 2014. Then I stopped completely for 5 years when it became inescapable that I had twice the amount that I could possibly smoke even with the most optimistic expectations of my longevity.
That is, until I joined this forum and was persuaded by reviews from @jiminks, @sablebrush52 and others and ordered a batch of HU’s Directors Cut. Now I have too much tobacco, plus several pounds of D.C., which I enjoy very much.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
That is, until I joined this forum and was persuaded by reviews from @jiminks, @sablebrush52 and others and ordered a batch of HU’s Directors Cut. Now I have too much tobacco, plus several pounds of D.C., which I enjoy very much.
Other than pipes, never had a desire to import.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Yep. All the tobacco I've ever desired was available within the continental U.S.
I felt that way until I tried HU and Motzek Strang and discovered a whole different approach to blending as well as flavors from tobaccos grown in other parts of the world. I really liked what I was experiencing and it wasn't made here nor sold here. With the last couple of buys of German made blends I've got my wants pretty well covered. That said, I'm always open to a new flavor experience. The main reason I smoke a pipe is the variety of flavors.

canadianpuffer

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2017
I’ve gone months, but then I get an impulse to grab something on sale just incase. Everything I get I have to order so it has never been a matter of just popping to the shop. My PAD however is practically no more, I have enough pipes to last me.

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
From the moment of birth until about 2 years ago, so 27 years! I think I win.

Trying new tobaccos is fun. I reckon I have somewhere close to 10lbs of tobacco in my cellar, tin and bulk. It doesn't seem like much considering the amount some people have on here. With my newly found addiction to Balkans, I find myself adding more of those to my cart lately. Ill probably wait for some good Black Friday deals this coming week.

Also, it really depends on what blends are on sale, if there are any "special" one of a kind tobaccos that seem interesting or if I just have some extra cash to load up on my favorites. I reckon I buy once a month.

canadianpuffer

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2017
I haven't bought anything in a couple years. I have enough of my favorites and some others to last me a long time.

I can't even remember when I last smoked my pipe actually.

Ya that happens to me. I sometimes go months with having a bowl, sometimes i will have 2 a week!

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Moths for me ... since I picked it up in a serious fashion, I kept on hoarding a little at a time. I did at some point realize that I smoke less than I acquire, but having a large varietal in my cellar is a pleasure in itself. Not for the wife though ... she sometimes calls me crazy for hoarding tobacco tins, but tisc tisc ... what can one man do?

M

Merton

Well, since the approach of my state to the "vaping crisis" is apparently not to vigorously enforce the law against teen vaping but rather to have the nanny state ban any and all flavored tobacco products , even for adults, i have to acknowledge that the wolf is now at the door. As a result, i placed a substantial order for my favorite HU aromatic yesterday. I would not have placed the order so soon, but the proverbial handwriting is on the wall. I hope that our Governor will not sign the law in its present form but if he does it will make our state the most radically anti-tobacco state in the country.

There have been months when I was using my pipe budget to buy pipes instead of tobacco. But, that just means that I wasn't buying $300 worth online. I was still buying a tin everytime I went to The Briary to hang out. So, a week is about as long as I have gone without buying at least a tin. And, even though I have enough to probably last me till death with some change left over, I will most likely still pick up tins at the B&M to help them keep the lights on, and secure me a little something fresh in between popping open tins and jars of really old stuff. puffy

Reactions: spartacus

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Twisty puzzles have my full attention now.
Do you go for speed? My son goes to competitions. He’s averaging around 15 seconds in the 3x3 in competitions. Going to one in Fargo tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.