PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
One of the few aesthetic principles I've maintained since discovering pipes is the "longer shank than stem" ratio. Lovats, Liverpools, Lumbermen, Canadians...
I think early on it seemed to me a better value... more wood than rubber.
Many maintain that the longer shank aids in cooling the smoke, but I've never felt that to be notable in execution.
A cursory glance at my WAYS posts reveals the vast majority of my pipes fit in that niche.

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
Pretty sure the next pipe I buy new (which will be my second😆), will be a Rossi 8806.
Loved the Rossi Vittoria series ( black rusticated vulcanite stems) picked up a Lumberman great smoker.
I noticed that Old German Clay has a briar line, super simple practically naked rusticated with vulcanite stems haven't seen a lumberman yet but just like Rossi super cheap for a minimal elegant pipe.

Reactions: RustiePyles CPG

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
George can you tell us more about this pipe? It looks like a 53 but a little shorter. The band is not one I’ve seen before. Plus the shoulder (and the lines in general) on the stem is very sharp; is it one you made?

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Happy and sad news 🥲

Can you just tell me that I can buy this pipe from you instead?

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Happy and sad news 🥲

Can you just tell me that I can buy this pipe from you instead?
I would if it were me who owned it! Somewhere on here @georged has a line up of a bunch of Pete’s he restemmed into smoking machines. I think they may have been the Antique series.

You should check out the Peterson natural outdoors series if you haven’t already bro