PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JKoD

Part of the Furniture Now
May 9, 2021
IN
Crazy talk. You'll end up in a staitjacket, young man.

I much prefer matches when seated or standing. When driving, I like the Zippo. When lying supine in the gutter, say, or when my hands are quivering too much to strike a match, I like Bics or, even better, these here lighters. These feel better in my hand because, apparently, of the round shape. They're easily refillable, but why bother?

View attachment 104122
I’ll take a 42R for the jacket size please.

Those are handy lighters… and have to say, I’ve never paid much attention to how any lighter feels in my hand. But, I did prefer lighters before they came with anti-people features.

Reactions: burleybreath

JohnMosesBrowning

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 5, 2018
Southeast Michigan
I like matches best when the wind's down, but I also tend to relight a light and that means going through a lot of matches. My compromise has been to use two matches to light the pipe (false + true light) and then use either my Zippo with a pipe insert or Kiribi for relights. I prefer the Kiribi, but I've gotten it pretty gunked up and it needs some TLC so I've been using the Zippo almost exclusively of late. (For relights that is).

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Says "fully serviced with" a jet probe, lol (not even going to take that where I want to), which I'm taking to mean no probe for me!

Is that recommended in your experience!
The jet can get clogged from time to time and that probe is irreplaceable. I have heard that minute acupuncture needles can be used though. That jet port is like a hair in diameter.

Reactions: HawkeyeLinus

Rustamgtx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2021
Baku, Azerbaijan
This lighter I using sometimes and it's have just unbelievable story. This lighter is almost 20 years with me, older in my life is just my wife?
I lost it for 8 years and it was found by my grandmother who came to visit me from another country. She just make a revision with old stuff and find it under the wardrobe. She call me and ask, do i need a small green piece of metal with strange guy face on it. After I came home, I was so surprised her found. The end?20211027_165625.jpg