PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Rustamgtx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2021
Baku, Azerbaijan
Tried to burn the shop down with matches few months back and loose lighters regularly so I stick with bics in "Lighterbro" cases.
Actually it's also good idea. Many years ago, one person from France, presented me a bic with metal case, which I think was a peace of art. Till this days this stuff in my memory. I never seen bic cases like that. It was from the thin metal with ingraved pictures... like, I don't know... comics, something like that.

• Love
Reactions: HopHand

HopHand

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2021
Montrose Colorado
Actually it's also good idea. Many years ago, one person from France, presented me a bic with metal case, which I think was a peace of art. Till this days this stuff in my memory. I never seen bic cases like that. It was from the thin metal with ingraved pictures... like, I don't know... comics, something like that.
I used pretty art cases on a Bic for years simply cause the extra weight made it easier to tell when it came out of my pocket. The cases I use currently have handy little tools on it but you can still find some beautiful cases for Bic or clipper lighters ether one online with a little looking.

Mar 1, 2014
Last week I happened to find a new production run of Beattie lighters from China.
Being highly satisfied with my Faux Dupont lighters I've got high hopes for these: 13.39US $ 10% OFF|Original zorro kerosene sandalwood lighter.Creative oblique fire.Vintage funny play grinding wheel gasoline oil Pipe lighter|Cigarette Accessories| - AliExpress - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001512170435.html

Hopefully the package gets here before November.
Seeing how it works, pre-heating fuel, this is the only lighter design I know of that should work reliably all winter and in almost any temperature.

Reactions: HopHand

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
diamond-strike-anywhere-matches-large-131243696920460955.jpg

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Zippo with pipe insert worked great on the deck with a little breeze and don't like to mess with matches in my Jeep. Matches are fine if I'm just sitting in the garage. So I use both, preference depends on location for me but the lighter is pretty convenient.

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
I started with matches because of a cool flame and switched to a lighter (with an adjustable cool flame. The matches were accumulating and sort of making a mess where I smoke outside.

I found this lighter and enjoy it very much.

Philosopiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2021
Matches, for the same reasons given by others: cooler flame saves the taste and the tongue. I also find the flame easier to control--to avoid charring the bowl, and to get the flame to the tobacco when the bowl is half or less full--than with a bic. And I don't see myself spending the money on one of those directed-flame lighters.

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
Matches, for the same reasons given by others: cooler flame saves the taste and the tongue. I also find the flame easier to control--to avoid charring the bowl, and to get the flame to the tobacco when the bowl is half or less full--than with a bic. And I don't see myself spending the money on one of those directed-flame lighters.
The lighter I mentioned was less than $30 and the large fuel can $7. This is a directional flame and can be adjusted to suit. I found I charred less than when using matches.

When I used matches, the head, I had to be careful with the match head falling off and landing on my clothing.

Reactions: Philosopiper

Philosopiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2021
The lighter I mentioned was less than $30 and the large fuel can $7. This is a directional flame and can be adjusted to suit. I found I charred less than when using matches.

When I used matches, the head, I had to be careful with the match head falling off and landing on my clothing.
That sounds good. I might buy one after all. Thanks!