PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I happily puff away on $50 and $100 factory briars but I did commission this fine pig sticker back in Texas.

Made from 2 railroad spikes with a stacked leather hilt. Suitable for all social occasions!

1663359877024.png

1663359622994.jpeg

1663359916162.png

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Some great looking pipes here. Here are 4 by Brian Ruthenberg. I also have 4 Jack Howell and 2 Rad Davis. They are all great smokers.

View attachment 170739
Chris, I remember when that design came out. All I could think of was the first time I stepped on a Sea Urchin in Jamaica. It hurt like a mofo and getting the stinger out with a knife was no bargain. The worst part people were collecting bags full to sell to restaurants and to who ever who would buy them. They are considered a delicacy and they are the most foul thing I have ever put in my mouth. I love sea food and kinds people would never eat, but this shit was just plain nasty. A lot of people crack a raw quails on top and eat both raw. I can't even watch people eat it.

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
My 4 commissions. Top left a J Everett (@cramptholomew) Lovat which is a dedicated VA smoker, Top Right is a Sean Reum Longshanked Lovat I smoke Presbyterian in, bottom left a Altinay Bulldog which untill now I smoked Burley out and bottom right again a Sean Reum I smoke Macbaren Navy Flake in. My subpar photography skills don't do these pipes justice.

I'm quite certain I would never buy a non commissioned pipe after my Peterson debacle (the pipe itself smokes fine, but the stem is stuck, a 200 euro pipe and you don't have enough QC to check on that?), I wouldnt even tell the carver what shape/finish/stem color I want, just alone the creative process is something I admire a lot.

commissions.jpg

Altinay Bulldog.jpg
J-Everett Lovat.jpgReum Bulldog.jpgReum Lovat.jpg