Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Wow, there are some awesome looking pipes there guys, well done. I would be willing to put up our commissions against any other pipe site on the web. Thanks for the nice comments on my commissions.

The deal with Jack is that he has a job he loves and pipe making is a sideline for him. Jack is a Clarinet player with the Pittsburg Philharmonic Orchestra and it is his first love. If it were not for Covid I would have never gotten that many commissions from him. The stars aligned and I got a tip that he was carving again. I had always wanted pipes from him based on people who already owned some.

i made it really easy for him by asking for only a couple of things. I wanted group 4-5 sized pipes, classic shapes like Billiards, Dublins, Rhodesians, Lovat, Paneled Billiards. I didn't ask for any fancy adornments and I just knew he could make a great stem. Of course I wanted nice looking blasts and I never had to say a thing. I had one basic color for the first 7or 8 and then a new color for the rest.
I tried to make it as easy as I could so he could crank mine out before he spent his time on other people. I still have 3 pipes in his que but I am not expecting them anytime soon, Jack is a busy guy. When he is ready he will tell me too crank up Paypal. I honestly don't remember what is in my que but I am sure they will be great.

I was going to have hoosierpipeguy dumped from Jacks list as he is not worthy to smoke one of Jacks pipes. In the end I threw him a bone as he did get me into pipes back around 1999.

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
Both pipes below are from BST Pipes. The dark one is my favorite pipe. Also,I am on Michael Parks Commission list for a smooth billiard. Some time in early 2023:

View attachment 164372
View attachment 164373
Whilst several of the pipes shown are not to my taste as I like classic shapes I can still apreciate them.
These ones I really like.It is a pity import taxes etc would add roughly another 25 - 30% onto the price otherwise I would probably pull the trigger

Reactions: dunnyboy

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I’ve owned or currently own many Ryan Alden pipes. The only one I actually commissioned was the first, the rest have been opportunistic.

Here it is, a Lovat with saddle stem.

E7C71AC5-1C0A-4949-8A6B-E465974033B6.jpeg

I know I have an 8-Day Matching Set, but here’s the inside baseball. I met Ryan in person at the West Coast Pipe Show years ago. He had a small squashed tomato danish looking pipe. I bought it.

The stem was black and orange Cumberland.

I instantly wanted more, just not Danish style. We then came up with the idea of a 7 day matching set. Then we lost track so it’s an 8 day set.

I do not count this as a commission. I had zero input, except for stain color and stem.

E159AC29-04F2-4ABD-A18A-A4CB2A5CE9E6.jpeg

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
I’ve owned or currently own many Ryan Alden pipes. The only one I actually commissioned was the first, the rest have been opportunistic.

Here it is, a Lovat with saddle stem.

View attachment 164418

I know I have an 8-Day Matching Set, but here’s the inside baseball. I met Ryan in person at the West Coast Pipe Show years ago. He had a small squashed tomato danish looking pipe. I bought it.

The stem was black and orange Cumberland.

I instantly wanted more, just not Danish style. We then came up with the idea of a 7 day matching set. Then we lost track so it’s an 8 day set.

I do not count this as a commission. I had zero input, except for stain color and stem.

View attachment 164419
Thats a nice set,ok so I would probably not have chosen the swirl stems but still lovely

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Thats a nice set,ok so I would probably not have chosen the swirl stems but still lovely
I specifically chose those stems in the advent you flew to Vegas and then we went out drinking. The evening progressed as we got more and more shitfaced telling lies about our epic pipe collections and I woke up the next day with pipes missing and an epic hangover.

Planning is everything.