PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I forget which Dan Tobacco has the highest Latakia amount in it. I think it is 75% or more. Even when I was a Latakia smoker it was way too much for me. I am sure someone will come up with the name.

Reactions: JOHN72

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Hoosierpipe guy said:

"I'm shocked people are still responding to him as if his questions were serious and legitimate."

I got warned about being mean to this guy. Otherwise I'd be lighting him up.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
Ahhhh, come on guys. If you don't want to respond, you don't even have to do anything, easy peasy.
Let's not drive off a newbie because we are suspicious.

Ok, then. How does one broach the subject that a new member has not lurked long enough to learn the local culture and make an effort to fit in? How to raise the issue that he seems to be treating the forum like his personal pipe encyclopedia rather than a discussion amongst peers?

This sort of light piss-taking, to borrow from the British, is how lots of men let a new person to a social situation know that they’ve unfortunately stepped their toes over a line of local culture. It’s not a capital-r Rule, so it’s not something to report to the mods, so there has to be some mechanism to bring new members into the local culture. Silence won’t do it. Silence just lets anyone come along and ruin a good thing.

I’d be interested in hearing alternatives. But this one has thousands of years of practice behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.