PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Americans always see themselves differently than the rest of the world does. That's a stone cold fact.

The tobacco leaf may have similar issues around dysmorphic disorder, but it's only a guess.

I thought Virginia's looked like this:

View attachment 47091
No, that's burley.

And Latakia, alluring, sophisticated and mysterious is of course a little something like this:

View attachment 47095
More latakia, please. Lots, lots, more.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I have a house in Brasil and have travelled extensively through South America. I also have a house in Canada and have gotten around there too, including the good ol' USA. In all of that time and geographical space, I've only ever heard one group of people describe themselves as American.

Bet you can't guess who!
Ukranians? Wait do I get a second guess. Morons who accidently got hooked on bath salts because they legitimately thought they were buying bath salts and not fake meth? I give up. Please tell us.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I have a house in Brasil and have travelled extensively through South America. I also have a house in Canada and have gotten around there too, including the good ol' USA. In all of that time and geographical space, I've only ever heard one group of people describe themselves as American.

Bet you can't guess who!
How sad for you. This is how many think of South America.

download.jpeg.jpg

Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
One thing that helped me was looking at a cigar "flavor wheel" when smoking a blend. You can find them by doing a Google image search. It will help you to put a name to what you're tasting. Most of the flavor in smoke is actually aroma. Some things you'll taste directly on the tongue. (sweet, sour, spice etc) others will be in the retrohale (blowing smoke through your nose) others will be an aftertaste after you've exhaled. (closing your mouth and breathing out through your nose, or smacking your mouth) I've found that to detect nuances in the smoke requires you to concentrate on the flavor and intentionally trying to identify everything you're tasting.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon