PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
I just happened to score some Glengarry in this last SP drop and should have it by mid week.

Let's revisit it then so my lazy self only has to edit the scale once.

Yep. The latest G&H drop gives us a chance to reconsider lakelands. I picked up a bunch of blends I haven't tried before and can already tell Enerdale is going to pin the needle on the lakeland scale--I can smell a heady floral stench just standing near the sealed tins.

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
Yep. The latest G&H drop gives us a chance to reconsider lakelands. I picked up a bunch of blends I haven't tried before and can already tell Enerdale is going to pin the needle on the lakeland scale--I can smell a heady floral stench just standing near the sealed tins.
I know everyone has different sensitivities to the florals, but Ennerdale is just a couple notches above the halfway mark to me! Not nearly as strong as Kendal Flake, Dark Flake Scented, or Grasmere.
I mean, the sweet floral notes are definitely there in every puff, but I can also taste the tobacco.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
I know everyone has different sensitivities to the florals, but Ennerdale is just a couple notches above the halfway mark to me! Not nearly as strong as Kendal Flake, Dark Flake Scented, or Grasmere.
I mean, the sweet floral notes are definitely there in every puff, but I can also taste the tobacco.
I agree plus I don’t really get soap from Ennerdale.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Just opened my goodie box from SP.

I have a beautiful Glengarry flake drying right now.

I must agree with all of you, @ofafeather @anantaandroscoggin @logs so far.

Just based on smell it's a low level sauce on it. Kind of hard to detect, even.

I'm going to read back through the thread and review and we can collectively reposition it over the next week or so.

As we've acknowledges before, the levels of sauce can vary based on age, storage, how excited the employee shaking the sauce bottle is and many other factors we've yet to identify.

1618344789094.png
1618344802940.png

1618344813081.jpeg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Handled by Hazmat suit wearing operators of robots with titanium grasping claws. Grandma's bath mat comes over the horizon like a dust storm flattening structures and blocking out the sun. All this from the prettiest place in the U.K., the Lake District, famed for Wordsworth and Coleridge.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
I need to try some of these. They sound interesting and controversial.
The truth is they’re really fantastic and unique if you go in with an open mind. Many will definitely ghost but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. I smoked St Bruno in a pipe that I previously smoked Ennerdale in and it was a great combo, especially because the current St Bruno is very light on topping.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
The truth is they’re really fantastic and unique if you go in with an open mind. Many will definitely ghost but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. I smoked St Bruno in a pipe that I previously smoked Ennerdale in and it was a great combo, especially because the current St Bruno is very light on topping.

It took me a while to get my mind around lakeland topping but I've come to appreciate it (or at least tolerate it). The real draw for me is the amazing flavor of the Malawi and Indian leaf used in a lot of G&H blends.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Okay, I'm on my second bowl of this stuff and dear ol' Granny is nowhere in sight.

I get maybe a little honey and light liqueur essence on a very nice, gentle grassy flake.

I'm really liking it, in fact. Whereas Best Brown #2 will often aggravate my tongue, this has not at all. ?

Hell, I barely even dried the first bowl, almost heresy with this producer...

I'll be advocating for a sauce score of 1 or 2 for this, to be honest.

@jiminks What say ye?

Everyone else with some of this on hand, please revisit it and chime in.

Thanks.

1618360826957.jpeg

Mar 13, 2020
missouri
Okay, I'm on my second bowl of this stuff and dear ol' Granny is nowhere in sight.

I get maybe a little honey and light liqueur essence on a very nice, gentle grassy flake.

I'm really liking it, in fact. Whereas Best Brown #2 will often aggravate my tongue, this has not at all. ?

@jiminks What say ye?

Thanks.

View attachment 75149
I smoked a bowl the other night. I'd say you're accurate at a 1 or 2. Seemed pretty mild to me as far as Lakelands go. Definitely more mild than the Kendal Flake I smoked before it.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012

@jiminks What say ye?

Thanks.

View attachment 75149
I can't say anything. I've never smoked Glengarry.

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
Ennerdale is your big brassy aunt - the one who wears too much lipstick and gives all the kids wet kisses. She's an eccentric lady with outdated sensibilities, an exclusively hot pink wardrobe, an encyclopedic knowledge of erotic literature, and a penchant for flavored liquors. She talks too loud, has absolutely no filter, and you will smell her three days after she leaves.

Here she is ... Aunt Ennerdale. Eleven out of ten on the sauce scale.

Aunt Ennerdale.jpg