PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Goodness gracious! I go back to Florida, cannot enjoy my pipe due to the humidity and all hell breaks loose. The loss of a member is never good and I am sure they're are valid arguments on both sides. To live in an ordered and civil society there has to be parameters. There is too much madness in the world right now and it really shouldn't spill into pipe world. I am sure Brobs will be back. He is a decent fellow and we are living through extraordinary times so perhaps allowances can and should be made.

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Meh, I see your point, but disagree. I have plenty of very good friends that are on the complete opposite end of the political spectrum from me, and it’s really not a big deal. I don’t view them as being morally inferior in any way, nor they me. We just don’t usually talk politics. When we do, it’s usually from a position of trying to understand the other’s point of view rather than trying to beat the other into submission with our own. And sometimes we just have to agree to disagree. If everyone had the same opinions and beliefs it’d be a pretty boring place.
I wish it were that easy with everyone! Good for you and your crew!

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I would like to know two things.

1. Is BROBS permanently banned?

2. I *really* want to see the discussion that brought this about. Was it political?

Answers on this would be appreciated. Please.
Possibly the thread about killing snakes? That's my guess.

• Wow
Reactions: anotherbob

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
I like the levels of serious and helpful discussion that are present here. I love some tomfoolery from time to time, but I also see how it can go too far. What I can’t stand and find to be ridiculous is when folks see something that they disagree with and freak out because they are offended. So be offended, and use you own free will to disengage with what offended you. Simple stuff. If it pisses you off, stop using your discretionary time on the internet to follow that person or topic. This comedian does a great job explaining what I mean in a fun way:

Status
Not open for further replies.