PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
It matters to a point. The 'birds of a feather' principle. Nowadays political stances denote deep thoughts and beliefs about the nature of things and what a person holds as right and wrong. You wouldn't wanna be making best of friends with someone only to find out that he likes to torture puppies in his spare time, would you? (This is an example for the sake of illustration, by the way: I know of no one here who tortures puppies in his free time.)

Yup: that'd be the liquour store. ?
I have to agree. I tend not to care too much about peoples politics up until their politics are terrible (torture of puppies would certainly count) which can confuse people when two people agree on the basics of something (pick most of those hot button topics) and be cool with one and really despise the other, and why because in my stupid opinion one of them is just misinformed and the other one wants things that way because they're a horrible person who doesn't care. Weird example if you vote for that one guy because you really think he'll do the best things for the country fine, if you're one of those asshats that thinks he's going to ruin the country and that fullfills your general spite towards every other person then you can go to heck (yeah I've talked with both people). Though what kills me is how so many people seem to think general platform picking says more about a person then I think it does (excluding certain extreme groups), personal tell me about your pets and I think I'll get a better idea of who you are then I will by how you vote (in most cases). On the subject of puppy torture if pretending to throw a ball counts then I'am guilt. And one little political thing I think which ever group of conjobs you vote for I say we got more in common with each other then any of the people in office, if for no other reason then we actually will have to live with the choices they make (personally those are the two sides if you ask me, them and us trying to get them to actually do their jobs).

Reactions: NomadOrb

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I love dogs and crows. I hate cats with a passion.
I disagree you clearly just don't understand cats. Once you get them they're basically just stealth dogs. You realize that when you make them happy they vibrate and hum. Seriously I'am not making that up. And that dance how can you not love the cat dance? Honestly I used to not like cats I didn't hate them but they were a step up from a gerbil in my opinion. Until my dad found a cat nearly starved to death out in the woods. I hung out with it not because I liked the thing, but because I felt sorry for it. Then in one moment I suddenly started to get cats. The thing gave me this weird look (it's the serious cat look and it means it's either going to cuddle or bite) jumped up wrapped his little paws around my neck and rubbed his cute little face on mine. I was like what cats can give hugs? That cat was awesome. Then again I might just like cats because they're sweethearts and also psychotic assholes too, and I can really relate to that. Crows are awesome. Dogs too. Though back on topic if you told me what you like about dogs I'd probably know more about you then if I got your voting record. Rant continues here one of the things I love about dogs is how they can instantly decide that you're their great buddy in one instinctual instant. Like the one that tried to follow me to work yesterday (though he also thought my pipe was a toy and tried to swipe it.) Last thing anyone that's not lived with a cat or dog is missing out on some of the funniest things you can see an animal do, for me the funniest thing I saw was when I found out cats can fly if properly motivated.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
I disagree you clearly just don't understand cats. Once you get them they're basically just stealth dogs. You realize that when you make them happy they vibrate and hum. Seriously I'am not making that up. And that dance how can you not love the cat dance? Honestly I used to not like cats I didn't hate them but they were a step up from a gerbil in my opinion. Until my dad found a cat nearly starved to death out in the woods. I hung out with it not because I liked the thing, but because I felt sorry for it. Then in one moment I suddenly started to get cats. The thing gave me this weird look (it's the serious cat look and it means it's either going to cuddle or bite) jumped up wrapped his little paws around my neck and rubbed his cute little face on mine. I was like what cats can give hugs? That cat was awesome. Then again I might just like cats because they're sweethearts and also psychotic assholes too, and I can really relate to that. Crows are awesome. Dogs too. Though back on topic if you told me what you like about dogs I'd probably know more about you then if I got your voting record. Rant continues here one of the things I love about dogs is how they can instantly decide that you're their great buddy in one instinctual instant. Like the one that tried to follow me to work yesterday (though he also thought my pipe was a toy and tried to swipe it.) Last thing anyone that's not lived with a cat or dog is missing out on some of the funniest things you can see an animal do, for me the funniest thing I saw was when I found out cats can fly if properly motivated.
Never mind his hatred for cats. The dude loves crows. Crows! WTF!

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I like the levels of serious and helpful discussion that are present here. I love some tomfoolery from time to time, but I also see how it can go too far. What I can’t stand and find to be ridiculous is when folks see something that they disagree with and freak out because they are offended. So be offended, and use you own free will to disengage with what offended you. Simple stuff. If it pisses you off, stop using your discretionary time on the internet to follow that person or topic. This comedian does a great job explaining what I mean in a fun way:
My same thoughts, basically. One thing I liked about this forum upon joining was the leeway in terms of discussion of certain topics. It felt like the staff were mature individuals who could trust us to be also mature and discuss things that other places consider 'political' with freedom and restraint. It's also a good forum strategy, to allow a degree of leeway on hot topics in the General forum, because this prevents these same topics from crawling up into threads in the specific forums.

Alas, there will always be some fellows unwilling to be mature who'll start crying 'political' foul in an attempt to reshape the forum in their image by getting threads closed.

That comedian was great! Thanks for sharing.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
His thread "I cry each time a kitten dies!" was certainly heart warming. Unfortunately it was not enough to change the general perception that deep inside BROBS is bad, very bad.

In any case he's gone. So long as Kola and Jpberg feel safe, that's what matters now.

The most important thing is that now that he's not around, everyone can speak their true feelings.. you know, like men.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
These are the only cats I like:

65f40062e1c4ab252caacb8b0865cc24.jpg

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
Okay...

ANIMALS ARE: WHAT'S FOR DINNER??

Hmm, he might still be browsing as guest, you know?

The only problem I have with those dirty vegans... what if I go to burger king and they accidentally put an "impossible patty" on my Bacon King, what the hell am I going to do when that happens?

And what problem do they have with milk!? It comes from the teets..

Hell, I love my cat.. but I'd rather eat a cat patty than an "Impossible whopper".

Status
Not open for further replies.