PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Welcome back.
This late in the year in Idaho I’d be using mostly streamer patterns unless the temperature gets above 50 degrees then there might be a short midge hatch to fish in the afternoon?
Rainbows, brookies or...? Hope your trip is great!

Reactions: jp267nh

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Greetings from
View attachment 106137
Did it helps to quit?
Rusty-

What happened to the beautiful city of Baku?

Thanks for putting your location in your Profile! It really helps in some cases.

Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why:
That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts. It cuts down on posts or PMs asking where you are.
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

jp267nh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 8, 2019
Connecticut
Welcome back.
This late in the year in Idaho I’d be using mostly streamer patterns unless the temperature gets above 50 degrees then there might be a short midge hatch to fish in the afternoon?
Rainbows, brookies or...? Hope your trip is great!
Thanks! Would love to do some fly fishing out west sometime! Was cold for a few days, but going to be around 70 degrees the next couple of days. Hoping to get out on a stream tomorrow. Water is down in the 50s so the big browns won't active until mid day when it the warmest. Going to be Rainbows and Brookies in the morning anyway. It's only been the last several years where we've regularly had 70+ degree days in November. There wasn't really any hatch chart for CT past October. Our local TU chapter had to add one for November. Mostly midges/gnats, terrestrials (ants etc) after two 70 degree days we may see a BWO hatch. I usually hang my wades and net up until spring at the end of October, but going to try some November fishing. It's really a crapshoot though as far as what they're feeding on and what's present this time of year. Especially since it was just in the low 30s a couple nights ago.

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Thanks! Would love to do some fly fishing out west sometime! Was cold for a few days, but going to be around 70 degrees the next couple of days. Hoping to get out on a stream tomorrow. Water is down in the 50s so the big browns won't active until mid day when it the warmest. Going to be Rainbows and Brookies in the morning anyway. It's only been the last several years where we've regularly had 70+ degree days in November. There wasn't really any hatch chart for CT past October. Our local TU chapter had to add one for November. Mostly midges/gnats, terrestrials (ants etc) after two 70 degree days we may see a BWO hatch. I usually hang my wades and net up until spring at the end of October, but going to try some November fishing. It's really a crapshoot though as far as what they're feeding on and what's present this time of year. Especially since it was just in the low 30s a couple nights ago.
The warmer weather sounds like you could capitalize on a midge hatch. I’ve caught fish this time of year during midge hatches. Either way, I hope your loops are tight and flies are right!
My brother was in town to fish a few weeks ago. Not a lot of fish, but we had a wonderful time on the river and took time to sit down and smoke our pipes and enjoy a beautiful fall afternoon.
Good luck on the river.

Reactions: jp267nh

jp267nh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 8, 2019
Connecticut
The warmer weather sounds like you could capitalize on a midge hatch. I’ve caught fish this time of year during midge hatches. Either way, I hope your loops are tight and flies are right!
My brother was in town to fish a few weeks ago. Not a lot of fish, but we had a wonderful time on the river and took time to sit down and smoke our pipes and enjoy a beautiful fall afternoon.
Good luck on the rive

Good luck on the river.
Thanks! The most important thing is having fun and relaxing the fish come second for me. Plenty of days I've come home unlucky, but with my batteries recharged just being on a stream, enjoying the sights and sounds of nature. Being peak color for leaves right now is an added bonus! Tight lines!

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Thanks! The most important thing is having fun and relaxing the fish come second for me. Plenty of days I've come home unlucky, but with my batteries recharged just being on a stream, enjoying the sights and sounds of nature. Being peak color for leaves right now is an added bonus! Tight lines!
Here here - I concur! I have a nice Boswell pocket pipe I take duck hunting. I really enjoy a smoke and a cup of coffee sitting in the duck blind.
image.jpg

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
So would I if I could get to a duck blind these days. I hunted a lot as a kid, but education and then living in Manhattan put a stop to that. And the taste for it hasn't returned. Diff strokes, diff folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.