PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jp267nh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 8, 2019
Connecticut
So I created an account a few years ago hoping to quit cigarettes and replace with a pipe as my father and grandfather did the same. It didn't really go anywhere and I put it on the back burner.

Happy to say I finally quit a 30 year pack a day+ habit and haven't had a cigarette in over two months! Yay!

I finally took up the pipe a few times a week because I need one vice. Lol

So anyway finally looking to contribute and learn. I've tried a few different Mac Baren and Stanwell blends thus far.

Cleaned a few of my father's pipes back to smoking shape after not being used since 2002ish and purchased a few cheap ones myself. Actual briar not Dr. Grabow or anything. And thus far have been enjoying it especially while fly fishing!

So hello from Darien, CT again and this time I think I'll stick around!!

Joe

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
Welcome, Joe-
Great intro--and good for you for quitting a long habit your ready to stop. Hope the pipe helps.

Now--CT, I'm trying hard NOT to be jealous! :) LOL We lived in CT many years ago, just a hop skip and jump north of you up the coastal area. Fall colors were unlike anything I've ever seen in person, before or since. Beautiful!

Happy puffing, and enjoy those treasured pipes!
kindly,
mike

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia
So I created an account a few years ago hoping to quit cigarettes and replace with a pipe as my father and grandfather did the same. It didn't really go anywhere and I put it on the back burner.

Happy to say I finally quit a 30 year pack a day+ habit and haven't had a cigarette in over two months! Yay!

I finally took up the pipe a few times a week because I need one vice. Lol

So anyway finally looking to contribute and learn. I've tried a few different Mac Baren and Stanwell blends thus far.

Cleaned a few of my father's pipes back to smoking shape after not being used since 2002ish and purchased a few cheap ones myself. Actual briar not Dr. Grabow or anything. And thus far have been enjoying it especially while fly fishing!

So hello from Darien, CT again and this time I think I'll stick around!!

Joe
Welcome from Virginia!

Reactions: jp267nh

jp267nh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 8, 2019
Connecticut
Welcome, Joe-
Great intro--and good for you for quitting a long habit your ready to stop. Hope the pipe helps.

Now--CT, I'm trying hard NOT to be jealous! :) LOL We lived in CT many years ago, just a hop skip and jump north of you up the coastal area. Fall colors were unlike anything I've ever seen in person, before or since. Beautiful!

Happy puffing, and enjoy those treasured pipes!
kindly,
mike
Thank you very much! Leaves haven't really started to change yet in CT, but I'm headed to the Catskills in just a while to fly fish the East Branch of the Delaware and have heard they're changing at the higher elevations out that way. Attached is a photo I took around October 22nd last year ayt Squantz Pond just a bit North of Danbury and some from Bear Mtn. and the bridge by the Hudson River in NY. Hopefully it evokes some nice memories.DSC02885.JPGDSC02779.JPGDSC02770.JPG

thebigragu

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2019
Needs of the Army
Welcome back and Glad to hear you will be staying with us.my Aunt and Uncle moved to CT a few yeas ago got to visit around mid fall it was beautiful. Enjoy your time here and with your pipe smoking journey

Reactions: jp267nh

jp267nh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 8, 2019
Connecticut
Welcome back and Glad to hear you will be staying with us.my Aunt and Uncle moved to CT a few yeas ago got to visit around mid fall it was beautiful. Enjoy your time here and with your pipe smoking journey
Thanks glad to be back! I'll wave next time I pass their town! ??

Jun 23, 2019
Congrats on the start.

I too used pipes to help kick cigarettes. It was really easy for me. Virginia blends helped with the itch in the beginning, gave me a familiar taste to fall back on, but I've slowly moved away and gotten more into aromatics and latakia/perique heavy blends.

Have fun with it, another great advantage of piping is that the blends on offer are wayyyy more diverse.

jp267nh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 8, 2019
Connecticut
Congrats on the start.

I too used pipes to help kick cigarettes. It was really easy for me. Virginia blends helped with the itch in the beginning, gave me a familiar taste to fall back on, but I've slowly moved away and gotten more into aromatics and latakia/perique heavy blends.

Have fun with it, another great advantage of piping is that the blends on offer are wayyyy more diverse.
That's great! Congrats on kicking it. I'm finding the same. So many I want to try!

Reactions: lukasstrifeson
Status
Not open for further replies.