PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jp267nh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 8, 2019
Connecticut
Welcome to the forum from KC!! Kicking the habit something do one and it's over. He's a tough demon to get rid of so one day at a time. I hope you aren't inhaling the pipe tobacco when you smoke.
Thanks! The first couple of times I inhaled.? 30 year habit. Now I don't. Just took an adjustment and fortunately it didn't cause any harm. I was already off cigarettes for three weeks by then. Needed one vice anyway darn it! Lol

Reactions: kcghost

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
So I created an account a few years ago hoping to quit cigarettes and replace with a pipe as my father and grandfather did the same. It didn't really go anywhere and I put it on the back burner.

Happy to say I finally quit a 30 year pack a day+ habit and haven't had a cigarette in over two months! Yay!

I finally took up the pipe a few times a week because I need one vice. Lol

So anyway finally looking to contribute and learn. I've tried a few different Mac Baren and Stanwell blends thus far.

Cleaned a few of my father's pipes back to smoking shape after not being used since 2002ish and purchased a few cheap ones myself. Actual briar not Dr. Grabow or anything. And thus far have been enjoying it especially while fly fishing!

So hello from Darien, CT again and this time I think I'll stick around!!

Joe
I wouldn't even have realized it but smoking pipes keeps stats on what brands you buy and apperant Mac Baren is my single favorite brand.

Reactions: kcghost and jp267nh

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
Welcome from West Virginia. You will stay off cigarettes because you want to. My wife had a hard time quitting. I told her "You can't quit because you really don't want to. When you want to, you will." Well damn if she didn't quit the stink sticks. It's been 10 years now and she has no urge for them.

Reactions: anotherbob

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
So I created an account a few years ago hoping to quit cigarettes and replace with a pipe as my father and grandfather did the same. It didn't really go anywhere and I put it on the back burner.

Happy to say I finally quit a 30 year pack a day+ habit and haven't had a cigarette in over two months! Yay!

I finally took up the pipe a few times a week because I need one vice. Lol

So anyway finally looking to contribute and learn. I've tried a few different Mac Baren and Stanwell blends thus far.

Cleaned a few of my father's pipes back to smoking shape after not being used since 2002ish and purchased a few cheap ones myself. Actual briar not Dr. Grabow or anything. And thus far have been enjoying it especially while fly fishing!

So hello from Darien, CT again and this time I think I'll stick around!!

Joe
I grew up in Rowayton right on 5 mile river. Welcome!

Reactions: jp267nh

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Welcome from West Virginia. You will stay off cigarettes because you want to. My wife had a hard time quitting. I told her "You can't quit because you really don't want to. When you want to, you will." Well damn if she didn't quit the stink sticks. It's been 10 years now and she has no urge for them.
at some point it really becomes obvious how crap cigs are. More convenient. Which is why I suggest if you really have trouble giving them up try snus or nasal snuff. Which are both easy ways to get nicotine. In fact I quit cigs by accident I bought an order of snus and after trying my first los pinch I immediately thought why would I ever want a cig when I can use this??? And gave away my almost full can of drum. Weird fact the one thing I missed was rolling cigs and will still roll cigs for other people for my own edification and also to show off cause I can roll a perfect cig in nothing flat.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina from a Chicagoland native. My Connecticut experience includes a visit to an aunt and uncle in their snazzy house many years ago, a good trip to Hartford to visit Samuel Clemons home some years ago, and most recently a visit to Eugene O'Neil's home on the shore, which was the setting of "A Long Day's Journey Into Night," where we picnicked with permission on the front porch. With pipes, you've come to a better place.

Reactions: jp267nh

jp267nh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 8, 2019
Connecticut
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina from a Chicagoland native. My Connecticut experience includes a visit to an aunt and uncle in their snazzy house many years ago, a good trip to Hartford to visit Samuel Clemons home some years ago, and most recently a visit to Eugene O'Neil's home on the shore, which was the setting of "A Long Day's Journey Into Night," where we picnicked with permission on the front porch. With pipes, you've come to a better place.
All great things to do in CT. I'm from 79th and Escanaba in South Chicago. Gotta get back for a visit when thing normalize a bit. Thanks for the welcome and I agree! Joe
at some point it really becomes obvious how crap cigs are. More convenient. Which is why I suggest if you really have trouble giving them up try snus or nasal snuff. Which are both easy ways to get nicotine. In fact I quit cigs by accident I bought an order of snus and after trying my first los pinch I immediately thought why would I ever want a cig when I can use this??? And gave away my almost full can of drum. Weird fact the one thing I missed was rolling cigs and will still roll cigs for other people for my own edification and also to show off cause I can roll a perfect cig in nothing flat.
Cool! Glad it worked. I tried snus, but it just upset my stomach to no end. Wish it would have worked better, but still happy!

jp267nh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 8, 2019
Connecticut
Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome. My apologies if I missed anyone. Was in the Catskills most of the day chasing trout on the fly line. Hopefully tomorrow my luck will improve!!

Status
Not open for further replies.