Keeping a Lid On It - Any Office Pipers Here?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Mine are usually scattered all over my desk, in my desk drawers and the pockets of whatever jacket I am wearing. The overflowing ashtray and spittoon are dead give aways and now we have moved the firm from NJ to Florida we no longer suffer from 'difficult' staffing issues. My last secretary, 'Hairy Alyson' with the monobrow whose total lack of personal grooming skills precluded her having rights to criticize my work desks amusements was invited to find new work opportunities. As the new Human Resources boss I have introduced a firm wide policy that if you don't chew or smoke you can just find employment elsewhere. We now have a 100% happy staffing quota. rotf

pharmpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2019
still way too hot and will soften/oxidize the stem.
I only leave cobs in the truck in the warmer part of the year. This limits me smoking briars to evenings and weekends, but prevents me from screwing up nice pipes.
I treat my cobs like rented mules anyway, so a little heat ain't gonna bother them.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I'm not an office guy at this stage however I'll make a suggestion. A bowl partly filled with partly burnt tobacco is particularly smelly. Why not just fill the bowl with what you expect to finish? If there is any left over dump it. May sound wasteful but it'll go a long way toward helping with the smell.

Toyota trucks are great! Here are some photos of my 1989 Toyota. That truck got me everywhere and was so simple that even I could work on it. Lots of times I'd encounter a problem in some remote place but get her running with what I had on hand in the random assortment of stuff in the bed toolbox. That truck didn't even have power steering. The power steering wasn't broken, it just didn't have any. Sadly when I left to rejoin my wife in Europe I sold it; I just couldn't justify keeping it in storage. I let her go cheap to a nice native American couple who needed a rig for hunting. It had just shy of 400,000 miles on it.
View attachment 15761
View attachment 15762
400,000 miles? Sad. It was just getting broken in.

Johnny_Pipecleaner

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 13, 2019
Mill Valley, CA
My last secretary, 'Hairy Alyson' with the monobrow whose total lack of personal grooming skills precluded her having rights to criticize my work desks amusements was invited to find new work opportunities.

You sound like a real classy dude. I bet you're always groomed and polished from head to toe. Not an asshair out of place. :rolleyes:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
+1 cosmic's coffee bean suggestion. The pipe has to be free to dry out, so a ziplock bag isn't the answer, but the coffee beans would neutralize the smell. I think a handful of beans would do it, an inexpensive blend, but fresh. Right now, coffee is being proclaimed as a healthful beverage, so the California zealots cannot complain overly much, although I'm sure they can complain about your breathing and blinking on some grounds or another.

Johnny_Pipecleaner

Nov 13, 2019
Mill Valley, CA
You probably should bring up Condor's asshairs. That is opening up a whole line of responses that I wouldn't be able to bleach out of my brain, ha ha.

I don't appreciate people being made fun of for their appearances, whether behind their back or not. It's shallow and foolish. We're all imperfect and our looks have little to do with the content of our character.

It's especially shitty to go after women in this regard.

Sometimes certain people really make this forum seem like some kind of boys club and I don't care for that at all.

Reactions: Bowie and BROBS
I don't appreciate people being made fun of for their appearances, whether behind their back or not. It's shallow and foolish. We're all imperfect and our looks have little to do with the content of our character.
Have you ever seen Condor? Haha! And, he hired a woman that he says chews tobacco... I'd let the comment slide to side of obscurity. Besides, with as many times as Condor mentions that he enjoys farting, it is probably hard for him to keep staff employed anyways. puffy

But, I get what you're saying.

Johnny_Pipecleaner

Nov 13, 2019
Mill Valley, CA
I'd let the comment slide to side of obscurity.

I'd rather not. The time for men to hold each other accountable is long overdue. Especially in the workplace.

Obviously I'm not going to fix the world's problems by calling him out here, nor am I trying to make it a huge deal, but just letting comments slide is part of the problem.

Let's help each other do better by pointing out when we're out of line. I'm not trying to start a big fight or make a huge fuss, just trying to keep things civil here. We're pipers after all. I think we ought to take the high road puffy

I'm sure @condorlover1 didn't mean it to be hurtful.

Last edited:

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
And the woke social justice warrior award goes to ....... Johnny Pipecleaner! I treat people exactly as I choose. Actually I share a certain dress affinity with Columbo. As for my secretary I don't even think a man of your particular 'woke-ness' would withstand an afternoon of social drinking with that particular young lady. I would keep your opinions to yourself until you have been around here a while If I were you sunshine!

Johnny_Pipecleaner

Nov 13, 2019
Mill Valley, CA
And the woke social justice warrior award goes to ....... Johnny Pipecleaner! I treat people exactly as I choose. Actually I share a certain dress affinity with Columbo. As for my secretary I don't even think a man of your particular 'woke-ness' would withstand an afternoon of social drinking with that particular young lady. I would keep your opinions to yourself until you have been around here a while If I were you sunshine!

Don't mistake my kindness for wokeness. We're all perfectly capable of kindness.

Of course you may treat folks as you choose, I'm just pointing out it's a dick move to fire someone because you don't like their unibrow.

Reactions: BROBS

Bowie

Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
I would keep your opinions to yourself until you have been around here a while If I were you sunshine!
No, he shouldn't keep them to himself, unless it's a personal attack prohibited by the rules.

Regardless of what I think about the issue you two are having here, I've never seen this forum as one that gatekeeps the opinions of "new" members.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
OMG this is starting to get very tiresome. I have no issues with anyone. However I am starting to realize why the panoply of witty and amusing posters my have gone the way of the Dodo on here!

Status
Not open for further replies.