PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jacob74

Lifer
Dec 22, 2019
Killeen, TX
This whole situation with the various tobacco blends reminds me very much of how electric guitars are branded (and priced) differently, but are often made in the same factories, by the same crafters, with the same materials, to the same standards. It's hard to avoid "shopping with ones eyes" (ie. prejudices), and paying significantly more for nearly identical products. That's why I'm very grateful to have forums like this to help spread our experience and knowledge around. It's a more ethically supportable use of the communication medium than say,"bully messed with the wrong nerd knock out videos".

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
With either one you choose, if you don't like the first bowl, then had it and wait a while. You may find that the tobacco has changed and is more appealing to you, or your tastes have changed and you enjoy it more.
Many times I've not enjoyed a bowl from a freshly opened a tin or bag half as much as one from it a few days later [once it's been opened]
It must have something to do with the release of gases and/or exposure to fresh air.

Reactions: Jacob74