PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
With either one you choose, if you don't like the first bowl, then had it and wait a while. You may find that the tobacco has changed and is more appealing to you, or your tastes have changed and you enjoy it more.

+1

Happens to me all the time. I'd take it a step further and say if you don't like the first bowl that much, then try it again in a few days. Or if you try it and like it okay, then smoke some more a little later. There are a lot of blends that I really love that I liked only okay on the first bowl.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
It’s been a while since I smoked either. Both are fantastic but I recall Escudo to be a bit sweeter and Dunbar to be a bit grassier. Both are excellent and, as others have mentioned, you can’t go wrong either way. Toss it on a jar and let it sit of it doesn’t strike you at first.

Also, in my 20 years of pipe smoking one challenge I have found is not trying things. Having open jars handy is a good way to be able to revisit blends from time to time. I would typically smoke a tin of something the move on, occasionally repeating but often not. So in my mind, crack them both! Don’t wait.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Keep 'em in separate mason jars if you are not going to finish them in near future, like few weeks. Escudo should develope dark fruit note in about 2-4 weeks. It should taste better by then. No clue what old version tasted like. You should have gotten Peterson Deluxe Navy Roll. No clue on other blend.