PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
If you count revised/revisited reviews, I imagine he blew past 3000 long ago. :col:
And I'm revising and updating my Stonehaven review right now. From the end of Sept. of 2016 to January of 2017, I edited and rewrote in part or in totality every review I had done before, which was around 1,400-1,500 or so. I still go back and rewrite when I see an old review that I feel didn't measure up. I have a lot more older ones that could use it.

tmcg81

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2020
NJ
I found tobaccoreviews.com before I found this forum, and I always saw JimInks at the top of every review. Then I joined the forum and saw that he posted here. Blew my mind. I mean, I'm fairly simple minded, but still. I can't taste .00000001% of what he can, but I always look forward to reading what he thinks. So many reviews feel like advertising, and his don't.

loomongous

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2015
Colorado
Thanks for what you do for this passion we all share, Jim. I still check your review first when I am about to try a new blend. I look at several other people’s to be fair, but yours first and always. Best of health to you in the coming year and years.

Christos D. Tsatsaronis

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
The man's a legend
👏👏
That exactly! Some time ago I have sent to a local pipe-friend a screenshot from a post I made here and under it a "Like" (the 1st and only one at the time I made the screenshot) from JimInks. I said to my friend: I feel proud and honoured, a Legend likes my post!
I was reading the reviews in TR long before I joined this forum and I was amazed. Then, I joined and I "met" JimInks everyday just to find that he is a simple, humble, friendly and helpful person. as always are passionate and important people.
Thank you very much Jim and all the best for the future.

JimInks Like.png

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Thanks for what you do for this passion we all share, Jim. I still check your review first when I am about to try a new blend. I look at several other people’s to be fair, but yours first and always. Best of health to you in the coming year and years.
Thank you. I wish the same to you as well.

Reactions: loomongous

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
That exactly! Some time ago I have sent to a local pipe-friend a screenshot from a post I made here and under it a "Like" (the 1st and only one at the time I made the screenshot) from JimInks. I said to my friend: I feel proud and honoured, a Legend likes my post!
I was reading the reviews in TR long before I joined this forum and I was amazed. Then, I joined and I "met" JimInks everyday just to find that he is a simple, humble, friendly and helpful person. as always are passionate and important people.
Thank you very much Jim and all the best for the future.

View attachment 192553
I thank you for all the kindness, my friend. I always enjoy your posts. My best wishes for more happiness.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
You hear people say taste is subjective.

We can all be thankful for Jim trying his damndest, and succeeding, to objectively test our pipe tobaccos for us.:)

I had no idea there were three thousand different blends of pipe tobacco to sample.

He has to have the most refined palate of any pipe smoker that has ever lived, and the best talent for description of pipe tobacco, as well.

Thanks, Jim.

Reactions: PipeIT and JimInks

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Roberto Clemente's career ended with precisely 3,000 hits, which he reached in the last at bat of his career on September 30, 1972.

Let’s hope Jim doesn’t stop at 3000.
Oh. wow! I never made that connection until you pointed it out. Well, I won't stop at 3,000 whenever I get there. I don't even know what blend will hit that number. Guess it'll be luck of the draw.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
You hear people say taste is subjective.

We can all be thankful for Jim trying his damndest, and succeeding, to objectively test our pipe tobaccos for us.:)

I had no idea there were three thousand different blends of pipe tobacco to sample.

He has to have the most refined palate of any pipe smoker that has ever lived, and the best talent for description of pipe tobacco, as well.

Thanks, Jim.
Thank you, Lee.