Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I like how you start nice and early porshcigar!
I am smoking Tabac Sherman # 536 - Empire English in my Charatan Knightsbridge Billiard #2042.

sherman-tabac-536.jpg

charatan-billiard-knightsbridge-2042-600x254.jpg

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
Last night I smoked Peter Stokkebye Bullseye Flake while watching Mad Man. This Morning it is C&D Bow Legged Bear and coffee.

ghost45

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2010
Kevin Love that style of pipe.
But I am currently smoking.......
McCranies Red Ribbon - "A beautifully aged Red Virginia like no other. Brimming with rich, mellow flavor as only nature can provide. A special allotment of prime 2000 crop North Carolina leaf has been secured for our discriminating pipe smokers. The softest, most enjoyable straight Virginia we've ever smoked. With a light vacuum seal, the tobacco will continue to mellow with age."
Stanwell Vanilla - A Danish blend it is a very mild and smooth tobacco. It is a good every day smoke and there is no tongue bite.I found that Stanwell Vanilla is very moist and syrupy and the flavor is very blah when moist. So I suggest letting it dry out for awhile; it had a much better flavor after drying out. This tobacco lights very well and your friends will love the smell of it.
Also I am a Virginia lover so of course i am smoking Samuel Gawith FVF

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
MY first pipe was a bowl of Mac Baren Va#1, Now a wonderful bowl of Peter Stokkebye Luxury English. Latter McClellands Dark English.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Thursday night I started breaking in my Ardor pipe with some H&H Louisiana Red.

ArdorUranoFantasy.jpg

After that was a mixture of Captain Black Gold and some Scotty's Milk and Honey.
Yesterday was some Mclelland Holiday Spirit 2008.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Bob, really nifty Ardor pipe! Could you post some other view angles of it?
Now, McClelland's 5100 Va. Red Cake.

Later, Frenchy's Sunza Bitches by Russ Ouellette of H&H

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
Welcome new members. I am smoking S.P.C Plum Pudding with coffee on the side.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
It's 72 degrees and sunny here in St. Petersburg, FL. I am on the balcony watching sailboats and birds over Tampa Bay.
Smoking Mac Baren HH Mature Virginia in my Ardor Giove Ninfea - 114 (YS).
MacBarenMatureVa.jpg

kevins-ardor-600x410.jpg

pipegangster

Might Stick Around
Dec 29, 2009
Upstate NY
The weather in upstate NY reached almost 40 degrees yesterday. I took this small window of opportunity to have some Barbary Coast in a Savy Autograph. Very nice smoke indeed.

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
This morning it was S. Gawith's "Perfection" in a Peterson's Sherlock Holes
C:UsersPerryPicturespipes 001_opt[1].jpg

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
Big storm heading for southern ca.. I am smoking Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake, before the mudslides get here. Whoopie!!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
pipegangster's listing of recipes from the thread, "Your Custom Blend," motivated me to try Frenchy's Sunza Bitches by H&H, laced with a pinch of Izmir (Smyrna) Oriental blender by C&D. Not bad, smoothed-out some rough edges (at the expense of losing some of SOB's character :)

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
I haven't tried BBF, but I can find it, I will buy some on you're advice. Full Virginia is one the best natural tobacco flavors I've ever smoked.

jcosmoasp

Might Stick Around
Jan 12, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Got my first shipment of tobacco--all Samuel Gawith--and walked my Leonberger/Chow mix for two miles with the Freehand filled with 1792 Flake. Only needed one relight, and it was equal to the breezy night and then some. Today, very rainy and windy, some Bracken Flake or Kendal Twist. My wife said the twist looks like something the coyote left. Maybe I'll just leave it whole on her pillow later?
Bruce.

Status
Not open for further replies.