PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maulragoth

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2018
It was cold here as well on the East Coast but managed to get out this morning and enjoy some Sutliff Chatham Manor in my 1930s Kaywoodie Lovat. Happy smokes all!
That's the spirit! I have greatly enjoyed a couple tubs of Chatham Manor as well in the last couple years.

IPSD enjoyment for the day (update):
  • I started with 5-Brothers,
  • migrated to Comoy's #4 in the trusty cob Twain Bent /w black/white swirl forever stem.
  • Back to 5-bothers
  • Another bowl of Comoy's #4 while cracking open some Old Rasputin as a beverage.
  • One to the second glass of Old Rasputin and filling a new bowl...
  • Bowl of Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake and a small stint of Yorktown I set a pinch of at the bottom.
  • Hankering for a bowl of Pirate Kake while finishing up the second Old Rasputin, so I'm enjoying the combo currently!

• *got a doctor's appt in an hour* so hoping for some help there
  • back from the docs with x-rays ahead
  • Packing another Pirate Kake in the cob Diplomat Straight /w midnight blue forever stem. Also a Belgian Trippel from Garage Brewing for the pairing. ....and most of all wishing you all happy smokes!

Last edited:

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
That's the spirit! I have greatly enjoyed a couple tubs of Chatham Manor as well in the last couple years.

IPSD enjoyment for the day (update):
  • I started with 5-Brothers,
  • migrated to Comoy's #4 in the trusty cob Twain Bent /w black/white swirl forever stem.
  • Back to 5-bothers
  • Another bowl of Comoy's #4 while cracking open some Old Rasputin as a beverage.
  • One to the second glass of Old Rasputin and filling a new bowl...
  • Bowl of Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake and a small stint of Yorktown I set a pinch of at the bottom.
  • Hankering for a bowl of Pirate Kake while finishing up the second Old Rasputin, so I'm enjoying the combo currently!

• *got a doctor's appt in an hour* so hoping for some help there
  • back from the docs with x-rays ahead
  • Packing another Pirate Kake in the cob Diplomat Straight /w midnight blue forever stem. Also a Belgian Trippel from Garage Brewing for the pairing. ....and most of all wishing you all happy smokes!

Damn, you've been busy. I've only had three bowls and a stogie today, which is a lot for me. Usually only smoke one bowl a day, and not every day. Wish I had more time to enjoy it.

I need to grab some 5 Brothers. I've really been enjoying basic, true non-aromatic blends lately. Nutty burleys, sweet virginias... really underrated and often looked over. Sometimes simple and high quality is the best.

My current go-to El Cheapo smoke is Smoker's Pride Mellow Taste. Hydrate it a little, pack it a bit tight, and the flavor is actually really good. The Rich Taste is also great, being burley forward, while the former is Virginia forward. IMO, they straddle the line between RYO and a true pipe mix, but are still good in a pipe.

augiebd

Lifer
Jul 6, 2019
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Was very happy that things have warmed up again. Had temperatures above freezing today for the first time in a while. By the time I got home from work the temperature was about 32 F so I headed outside, cleared about 4 inches of snow off my chair and enjoyed a bowl of Holiday Spirit 2017 in a Nording Signature Freehand Natural my wife bought for me. Broke in a new Xikar lighter I just bought.

Reactions: Lumbridge and Bowie

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Chilling with a pipe of Ennerdale and some jasmine tea. Coltrane record on the turntable and my parrot sitting beside me quietly grooming his feathers. Don’t need anything, didn’t buy anything, not missing anything. Wonderful evening really. I’m happy. ?

Reactions: Lumbridge and Bowie

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
My day was rather long, hard, cold and wet, so I was on the verge of turning in without a pipe for the day.

Then, I checked the forum and was reminded it's IPSD, so I ordered a pound of MB HH Pure Virginia and loaded up a sample of Star Of The East Gold gifted to me by @balkisobrains

The Orientals really stand out in this. Thanks, Mike!

1582251929850.png

whitebar

Sep 12, 2015
Colorado
It is cold here in Colorado today so I’ve been smoking in the garage. Started off the morning with some Peacehaven, then had a bowl of St. James Flake this afternoon. Now I’m topping off the evening with some Solani Silver Flake. All in all, a very nice IPSD. Hope everyone else is having a good time as well.

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
Chilling with a pipe of Ennerdale and some jasmine tea. Coltrane record on the turntable and my parrot sitting beside me quietly grooming his feathers. Don’t need anything, didn’t buy anything, not missing anything. Wonderful evening really. I’m happy. ?

I love me some jasmine tea.

PipesRock

Jan 21, 2020
Florida
Enjoyed some C&D Sunset Harbor on my porch this eve. While pulling the trigger on another pound of HH Old Dark Fired and 1st pound of Balkan Supreme (never tried Stokkeby BS but these forums made me track it down at 4Noggins lol) Hope you all enjoyed your IPSD ... and love that paneled apple pipe.

Reactions: Lumbridge

deleon

Nov 7, 2011
Texas
Smoking a bowl of Sleepy Hollow in my Adam Davidson pipe. Sadly didn't buy any new pipes to celebrate the day.
Happy IPSD 2020 everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_20200220_211943_232.jpg
    IMG_20200220_211943_232.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 3

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Joking aside, whatcha smoking today? I'm starting with a fresh tin of Orlik Racing Green in a MM Washington Rob Roy.

Post em up!

When reading posts here, just about every blend mentioned I need to go to Tobacco Reviews to see what you're all talking about ...... until, finally; I've got one tin of Orlik Racing Green sitting in the cupboard, er, I mean to say, in my cellar.

Lol. Not sure why I haven't cracked it yet. Probably because it's nice to see several tins sitting there.
[When buying from O/S, I soon realised that tins got pinched by Customs more often than bulk. Plus buying by the pound is much better value off course]

Smoking a 50/50 mix of Mark Twain and London Squire in a bent Roma.

a1bq.jpg

Jan 8, 2013
I've been at work all day, but somehow made it home with enough time to enjoy a pipe after a late dinner. I chose the Savinelli Noce 320 with Drucquer & Sons Red Lion. A wonderful blend in a great pipe and a fantastic smoke. I can consider my International Pipe Smoking Day complete. Cheers, friends.

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
When reading posts here, just about every blend mentioned I need to go to Tobacco Reviews to see what you're all talking about ...... until, finally; I've got one tin of Orlik Racing Green sitting in the cupboard, er, I mean to say, in my cellar.

Lol. Not sure why I haven't cracked it yet. Probably because it's nice to see several tins sitting there.
[When buying from O/S, I soon realised that tins got pinched by Customs more often than bulk. Plus buying by the pound is much better value off course]

Smoking a 50/50 mix of Mark Twain and London Squire in a bent Roma.

View attachment 20168

I've really been digging Orlik's stuff. Every one I've tried so far has been a hit in my book. Gonna lay into this Mellow and some Dark Strong Kentucky pretty soon.

Reactions: chopper
Status
Not open for further replies.