PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
I've been at work all day, but somehow made it home with enough time to enjoy a pipe after a late dinner. I chose the Savinelli Noce 320 with Drucquer & Sons Red Lion. A wonderful blend in a great pipe and a fantastic smoke. I can consider my International Pipe Smoking Day complete. Cheers, friends.

Gonna have to try that Red Lion, the way you've been hyping it up.

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
Enjoyed some C&D Sunset Harbor on my porch this eve. While pulling the trigger on another pound of HH Old Dark Fired and 1st pound of Balkan Supreme (never tried Stokkeby BS but these forums made me track it down at 4Noggins lol) Hope you all enjoyed your IPSD ... and love that paneled apple pipe.

Been getting into dark fired lately. Got some Orlik DSK and Hearth & Home Smoky Mountain. Looking forward to cracking them open. Also smoked a few De Nobilis. Not bad cigars.

I blended some bulk dark fired with some Super Value Bourbon Whiskey a while back, with very good results. The ultimate Kentucky smoking experience, I suppose?

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
I've really been digging Orlik's stuff. Every one I've tried so far has been a hit in my book. Gonna lay into this Mellow and some Dark Strong Kentucky pretty soon.
Haven't tried DSK. It's probably a bit strong for me as I inhale & avoid nicotine. [Shame because it sounds good]
Orlik Golden Sliced is one of my favourites. Too bad that it's not sold in bulk.

Enjoy.

anantaandroscoggin

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2017
Greene, Maine, USA
I did have a bowl of Tsuge's Winter Embrace yesterday, the only pipe tobacco that I've ever opened the tin and found myself reminded of the scent of a snack box of Sun Maid Raisins by its tin note.

magicpiper

Jul 9, 2018
MCO
Enjoyed a Peterson Zulu 268 stuffed to the gills with Sir Walter Raleigh Aro. Worked day & evening. Squeezed that one in at 11:30pm.

docrameous

Can't Leave
May 6, 2019
Colorado
:LOL: I feel your pain. I did the same thing with a gulp of still-scalding green tea. Tongue and throat = obliterated. I can't taste hardly anything right now.
Me too. Bought a coffee and burned myself really bad. My mistake. The small drink hole that you sip through concentrated it.

• Sad
Reactions: maulragoth

anantaandroscoggin

Sep 9, 2017
Greene, Maine, USA
Perhaps the cauterized taste buds is deliberate? Just to keep us from easily noticing how bad our food and/or drink purchase tastes? All to delay as long as possible our realization of this, and resultant decision to spend our money elsewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.