Maryland
postimg.cc
Reactions: orlandofurioso

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
No, Chance is legit of course !
The later mysterious seller utilized his pictures, cashed and the sale disappeared from Ebay ?
Never seen something alike before .
yes using Chances pictures ,ebay says listing located in Spain.When you click on it nothing found.
showing as sold,does that mean some poor sod has paid good money for a non existant listing.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
No, Chance is legit of course !
The later mysterious seller utilized his pictures, cashed and the sale disappeared from Ebay ?
Never seen something alike before .
A few years ago there was a Chinese "seller" who did the same thing. He copied images from legitimate listings and created fakes, listing high priced pipes for ridiculously low prices, lie $600 pipes for $20 to $30 bucks. He did a brisk business which proves that there are a lot of geedy and and intellectually challenged mopes in the pipe smoking community. @craiginthecorn alerted us to the activity on this forum and several of us began reporting his listings to eBay, who predictably did nothing initially. But we kept reporting and reporting and finally eBay did close his account. A couple of weeks later the same crook popped up again, we bombed eBay with reports, and eventually they blocked him again. The cycle repeated for about a year and a half and I dogged the MF every time he resurfaced. Finally, after a period of no activity from him for 4 months I moved on. Scams happen all over eBay.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Deadmans Pipes had a winner today, with a pretty rare Comoy's shape. I can't recall seeing a shape 100 go off anytime in the past few years.

Reactions: bluegrassbrian

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Deadmans Pipes had a winner today, with a pretty rare Comoy's shape. I can't recall seeing a shape 100 go off anytime in the past few years.

They also sold this. I was flabbergasted at what it went for. I either need schooling on this pipe, or it shows the impact of goodwill and quality photos

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
They also sold this. I was flabbergasted at what it went for. I either need schooling on this pipe, or it shows the impact of goodwill and quality photos

Hallmarked and looks new, I guess was the right combination. I was also surprised at the interest in this pipe.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Don’t get me wrong. That cased pipe is stunning. I woulda if I coulda. I’m just surprised at how much some stuff goes for and how little others do. This one went for £30

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Don’t get me wrong. That cased pipe is stunning. I woulda if I coulda. I’m just surprised at how much some stuff goes for and how little others do. This one went for £30
That one was a "buy it now"...................... I'd bet if the seller would have let it run at auction it would have brought much more.
Nice Pipe!

Reactions: jpmcwjr