PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Dec 10, 2013
Nijmegen, the Netherlands
The bamboo is original. Those Countryman frequently came with Bamboo. Not my cup of tea, but I've seen enough to determine they must have had some popularity. (The Countryman is my favorite Charatan)
Never seen a Ch. countryman with a bamboo extension before and I do not like it one bit, it makes the pipe look too massive and out of balance. Aside from that is the countryman my absolute favourite Charatan.
Notice there is no CP logo on the stem. I believe this one to be made in France too, the bowl looks clunky
and the carving of the shape imho looks typically BC made .

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
A couple of big deal auctions went off this evening.

Its been a long time since I've seen a King Size Sasieni come up.

This is the highest price I've seen yet on a Comoy's 256 (which are pretty uncommon)

A somewhat modest price on a Comoy's 499 (non-pipe seller)

And a GBD 9438 Virgin. I took a crack at this, but tapped out at $131.

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
This one was ended prematurely without being sold:

I wonder if this pipe was polished to smooth, or if it is a fake or some other sort of curiosity. The nomenclature would indicate a sandblast.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Putney's are a great shape, I don't recall ever seeing an Eight Dot. This one did quite well.

1621290075977.png

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Yikes! Do you remember what year you bought them?
2011. To be fair, they were part of a group of pipes that included a bunch of 8 dots, some 4 dots, a couple of Blue Ribands, and a Barling Straight Grain, all mint, that cost me a little over $400.
I hope that the winning bidder is aware that this is a small pipe.
Stem looks correct to me.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
A mint 804 brought less than I would have guessed. This one I guess is a Sandblast but looks more like a carved Sasieni Rustic finish

And the auction of the day, a cased Peterson Patent Meer. Seller says the hallmarks are from 1899, which looks to be correct. Went for $955.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
A mint 804 brought less than I would have guessed. This one I guess is a Sandblast but looks more like a carved Sasieni Rustic finish

And the auction of the day, a cased Peterson Patent Meer. Seller says the hallmarks are from 1899, which looks to be correct. Went for $955.

I gave that Pete a shot, but it went through the roof. Obviously someone absolutely had to have it.