PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

birddogpiper

Lurker
Apr 18, 2020
Having been a cigarette smoker for many years I find myself inhaling the smoke from any cigar, ciggies, or pipe. Knowing that not all tobacco is blended to be inhaled am I breaking the golden rules of pipe smoking? And is this frowned upon?

I usually inhale on the initial light and first couple relights. I smoke a pipe less often than I used to smoke cigarettes so I figure the overall amount of smoke I'm inhaling is still down...plus I enjoy it more. Some people seem to frown upon it on here. Nobody has given me shit for inhaling in real life yet and I think you'll find the same. The people you're around in your daily life probably aren't self-proclaimed connoisseurs. They're gonna see you smoking a pipe and think oh he smokes a pipe. No fussing about the "mOst eFfeCtiVe waY oF taStiNg tHe bLEnD"

Drew72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 13, 2019
Illinois
No inhaling and no retrohaling for me. The fewer mucous membranes exposed to smoke the better, IMO. I also only smoke approx. 2 bowls per week. But I do not have a history with tobacco, so I don’t pretend to understand the struggle of overcoming a nicotine addiction. So certainly no judgment from me on how you choose to partake in this hobby.

Be safe
Drew

Reactions: gamzultovah