PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

geo3rge

Might Stick Around
Oct 28, 2013
No pic, but I have been bearded for as long as I can remember, at least from the age of 21 anyway and I'm now 59. I reckon I wouldn't recognise myself, let alone anyone else doing so, if I shaved it off. I had a young face and felt a beard would make me look more senior. Not sure if that worked, but the image has stuck with me these last decades. A pipe and beard seem natural to me.

UCHss8o.jpg

GEXhsNd.jpg

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Foggy, that's one hell of a kick-ass set of photos.

I think that on New Year's Eve December 31, 2015 everyone who has posted here should vote on best beard and I will donate one tin of the winners choice of tobacco.

Chris

Dec 24, 2012
Johnny, I have been to cuba several times and have always had a fantastic time and found the people warm and inviting. I love Cuban cigars, rum, coffee and music, so that makes it easier. Not sure I would want to visit for more that a couple weeks though.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Peck,
I enjoy those same things and would like to experience some of their excellent largemouth bass & peacock bass fishing before the country gets overrun with tourists, Starbucks & Burger Kings. It's probably a little more humid than what I would prefer but the rent for a 3-4 month stay is bound to be cheap, at least for the first few yrs & I thought it might be an interesting place to winter over. I would probably have no trouble leasing a 1957 Chevrolet to drive from what I understand.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
@shikano53- don't forget, they have the Brushed Brown series too. Same rustication, different color. Twice as many to choose from!

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I've had a goatee for 30 years; it's gone salt and pepper now, but attempts to grow a full beard never reached fruition. Yet Heathrow Airport pulled me aside to examine me.
4-up-on-4-6-15-at-945-pm-compiled1.jpg

fearsclave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2014
162-448x600.jpg

Smoking my Rossi 8320. The beard is my 2008 deer season beard. Decided I liked it and kept it since.
Another one, this time with my Blatter & Blatter straight Bulldog.
020-600x450.jpg

Left to myself I would just let the beard go, but my wife and needing to present a semi-professional appearance at work keep me from letting the beard run wild...

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Okay, I suck at posting pics, but my avatar shows my progression of a daughter requested handlebar. Cons- it's a pain to maintain. Pros- when she doesn't mind, I threaten to shave, and her behavior does a 180. :mrgreen:

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
My avatar shows what I look like. I started the beard when I was dating, and we have been married 22+ years. It varies from 1/4" to 1". About the time my wife / daughter really like it, I am going nutty.
I took this week off to paint my son's bedroom. Blowing insulation into the walls, fixing minor holes, repairing ceiling issues after a roof leak. Lots of facemask time. Thus the beard shrank to 1/4".
Winton

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Fearsclave, very nice and I am jealous of that Rossi 8320. Thanks for posting gentleman. Chasingembers that's a kick ass handlebar! For some reason that I my wife or daughter can explain, our grand daughter loves mustaches. Believe it or not her birthday cake was in the shape of a smiley face including a big handlebar mustache. Weird I know. I think she inherited that from my wife's side but please don't tell my wife I said that.
Do hairy ears count?

Can you French braid them?

Hunting season is 3 months away. My beard is coming in salt and pepper, mostly salt so it should be good camo.

Status
Not open for further replies.