If you're Allowed only one Pipe Shape, What would It Be?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
I've never been good at Desert Island Picks (so many great albums I love), so this isn't any easier. I love my skull pipes (I have six at this point in time and am gearing up to make one soon); visually/aesthetically, a half bent Billiard like the Savinelli 606 appeals most to me and is the shape that I think of as a quintessential pipe; however, I like a big chamber and thick wall of an Author—a 320 KS is a pipe I've been gravitating to more and more—I can pack a lot of tobacco in it and it always feels cool to the touch. For the purposes of this thought experiment, I might have to go with that as a singular choice (but am glad that I don't have to do that).

Reactions: Chasing Embers

SourShank

Lurker
Nov 26, 2021
Germany
Canadian for me. Love the way it looks. Honestly if I was a millionaire I'd buy that $43k Ashton on the bay of E's and proceed to clench and smoke it. Love me a long straight shank, love me a Cumberland stem. Love me a blast finish.

dctune

Part of the Furniture Now
Man this is tough.

Also, I’m really terrible at remembering & knowing precisely which shape is which. Just being honest. Especially when we’re talking about differences between say a Canadian, Liverpool, Bing, etc. Same with Bulldog and Author.

But I suppose, if I could only smoke one shape/type for the rest of my life, I’d have to go with a Churchwarden. Curiously, while these are my absolute favorites, I actually smoke my Churchwardens much less frequently than my other pipes.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
Tough one as I like a lot of different shapes, so I guess if only one it would be a 1/2 bent billiard. It has enough common elements with many of the shapes I enjoy I could it as the only shape in the arsenal.

Reactions: jpmcwjr