If you're Allowed only one Pipe Shape, What would It Be?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

myhyeung

Lurker
Aug 9, 2021
Hongkong
If you're allowed only one shape for life, but as many sizes and finishes as you would like (sizes of all parts increase/decrease in proportion), which shape would it be and why?

Mine would be a straight bulldog with a flat sitting side on the bottom. Thick walls, sturdy shank, light weight, decent sized bowl, sits upright, classy yet masculine. Can't ask for more.

Last edited:

myhyeung

Lurker
Aug 9, 2021
Hongkong
Shape? But, you can have as many chamber sizes and draws? Does everyone else have to have the shape I chose as well?
If so, maybe something weird, like Volcanos. I hate those shapes, but if everyone else has to smoke them as well, it will make them think of me every time they light up their funny looking pipe. puffy
Thats pure evil I must warn Vatican

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I've got a couple straight apples I really like, so I'd probably go with the straight apple. While bent shapes are more pleasing to the eye, IMO straight pipes tend to have a slight edge in functionality. A quarter or half bent is probably the sweet spot.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Homie don't play dat! :).
I just can't imagine having to choose. But maybe a 1/4 bent billiard.

Also:

Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why:
That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts.
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. Just country if you must.