PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Actions speak louder than words. Forget what you think your favorite is or would be. What have you smoked the most of, in your pipesmokerly history? With me, it would be Carter Hall, just based on pure weight consumed over the years, versus the weight of others I think I like more, or consider "higher quality." These poseurs eventually pall and end up stuck way back on a shelf somewhere. Just bein' real, or making the attempt.
using that my answer would be MacBarren Dark Twist.

Wellington

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 31, 2012
I heard that in the past it was common that people only smoked only one tobacco.

So if you had to choose only one tobacco for everyday smoke, which one would it be?

I would probably go for Squadron Leader.
Frog Morton Cellar if it still existed, no question.

I've been lost without it, but I enjoy Shephards Pie and Presbyterian. There's something about Half & Half I always love too.

depriest1022

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 6, 2021
Arkansas
www.researchgate.net
I am new pipe smoker and it is maybe a bowl/day (or less). I would pick Orlik Golden Sliced or PS Luxury Navy Flake.

I have several aromatics that I was gifted when I started out last February, but I couldn’t pick one of those.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Did I already post here? Well, anyway. If I could smoke only one blend, I'd smoke even less often, being a one bowl a day pipe smoker whose great joy in blends is variety. Sometimes I want a really strong blend (relatively, to me) like Big'n'Burley or Old Joe Krantz original. Other times I want something medium or mild, like Match Elizabethan or G&H Scottish Mixture. I guess I'd go for Old Joe Krantz, probably about twice a week.

I hedge on the strong tobacco after seeing a documentary on indigenous people in the Amazon and their tobacco, which is strong enough to have a psychoactive effect, though it is tobacco and not something else. What's strong to me would be extra mild to them.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
My answer the last time this was asked was probably FVF. This time, I'll go with GH&Co Dark Flake unscented. It's the closest pipe tobacco smoking experience to dipping Copenhagen. The flavor that seems to seep out of the stem of my pipe while smoking it is very reminiscent of dipping, at least to me.

Reactions: Toast

--dante--

Lifer
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA
My favorites change too often, so, based on the fact it is the one tobacco that's never left my rotation, and I'm sure I've smoked more of it than any other, I'll go with Five Brothers.

Jun 25, 2021
England
I hedge on the strong tobacco after seeing a documentary on indigenous people in the Amazon and their tobacco, which is strong enough to have a psychoactive effect, though it is tobacco and not something else.
I'm sure all tobacco has a psychoactive effect on me.
Seems that's the nature of nicotine for a lot of people.
That's the main reason I smoke, although I enjoy all the other things about pipe smoking.