I just finished watching
Code:
<br />
<pre><code>

The Wild One
Code:
<br />
<pre><code>

and realized just how cool Lee Marvin was. Marlon Brando was excellent but Lee was absolutely superb for how small his part was. So I thought I`d start a thread dedicated to the guys who epitomise manliness.
Lee Marvin:
null
Charles Bronson:
null

grouchy

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2011
havent heard of marvin or brando in a while, wish we would. there are in cowboy heaven. they new to you?

think you like em now. watch a few more. for me, they were all good, i really like them.

a tribute yeah. those old westerns, hell, the new ones are getting better the more they make.

the older good ones have to be in black and white just the way they were made and stars were born. you would see regular horse trot gallup and the sound effects sounded like pasofinos. (smoking aniversary kake and cant put it down, must be one of those learned habbit acquire thingys :crazy:)

goodkat

Might Stick Around
May 31, 2011
they new to you?
No and yes. I didn't see them in the theatres but I have fond memories of watching Wayne, Brando, Marvin, Coburn, McQueen and Bronson with my dad. My Dad was cool and rented the current Stallone splatterfest for us but Sly or Arnie weren't as cool. The old guard didn't have to gut anyone to look tough.

grouchy

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2011
thats what made them so gooood. in real life they were just as good as any man alive today. everything else was just hollywood hype.

john wayne was a big man. ever notice the relief on the horses face when he'd get off? he and dan blocker are my two favorites for coboy fight scenes.

too bad those non filtered cigaretts took his life. i started out on luckys, phillip morris, camels, pallmall, and old golds. in my early thirties started looking for a filter i liked. not such an easy thing to do.

goodkat

Might Stick Around
May 31, 2011
i started out on luckys
Anytime I cross the border I look for Lucky Strikes. They`re not as common as I hoped. The cashier usually looks at me like I slapped them when I ask for a pack.

grouchy

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2011
not as many people smokin non filters anymore. pipes and cigars are about all there is now non filtered, and even at that, more people are smoking those little filtered cigars since they are so much cheaper than cigs.

glad i layed down those white nails. just a pipe now and acouple times a year i might smoke a cigar ot two.

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
Tou gotta love Clint and Clyde:
http://youtu.be/gHeRaAy3cWQ

dawk

Might Stick Around
Aug 25, 2010
Gotta toss Steve McQ and Clint out there with the tough old guard, hats off to Lee Marvin though-miss his acting.

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Now maybe not quite in the same leage as Wayne, Brando, Marvin, Coburn, McQueen and Bronson... Robert Mitchum was pretty cool.

grouchy

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2011
gotta mention have gun will traver, bananas-think they are all gone but hop sing and the man who played adam, wanted dead or alive. the lone ranger and tonto. charlton heston, jimmy stuart, henry fonda. rorey calhoon.

james garner, lone dove series, robert mitchim, robert duval. chuck conners. believe tommy lee jones started out in westerns. there was one that came out in the fifties and i think it was streets of larado? one of the charactors was named reese that i distinctly. can picture the charactors but aloft to their names.

sam elliot past and present. rawhide. so very many to remember them all, but, all remembered were just plain excellent. :clap:

ranger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 2, 2011
When I was in we trained 23 hours a day, now they have dropped it down to only 21 hours a day of hard training.

We had to go on with only one hour sleep a night, and sometimes zero hours sleep....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzg3_LC3bGU&feature=related

ranger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 2, 2011
More Army Rangers....my opinion of Icon's of manliness. BTW/ in case you are wondering...Delta Force are Army Rangers.

We also were underwater qualified.
Peace out...Ranger6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGIB34V7nSs&feature=related

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I can not believe this thread has gone this far and no one has mentioned The Duke.
Igloo: Didnt John Wayne play Red Adair in a movie? I actually saw a set up in an antique store today full of Red Adair memorabilia. All proceeds went to his charity.
Also Patton and Eisenhower and "Juan Cabrillo" (Clive Cussler fans know who Juan is)

Status
Not open for further replies.