I Want to Smoke a Campfire

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

So perhaps a discussion into what woods are respectable tender used in a proper campfire or wood stove. I used red oak seasoned two years and under a shed I built for a soap stone.

I considered pine not to be as good, but I used it if three seasons from being cut.

Campfires are so inefficient that whatever is somewhat dry is what I used. Pine is excellent in this setting because the concern for creosote is not a factor.

Hickory and any other type of meat smoking wood was savored and kept out of the stove.
I love putting a few pieces of pinon or wet cedar on a campfire. I picked up a cord of pinon driving home through Texas about 20 decades ago. I wish I had more.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Shhhhh, we are living the smoky life under the radar! ??
I think only members here listen to my suggestions. Everyone else seems to ignore them. Which is good. There have been zero rushes on my recommended brands. I think it's cause I joke around and you kind of gotta spend a little more time dealing with me to realize I can be serious. Side note in my opinion Seriousness is like salt. You need it but too much is really bad for your blood pressure and over all health.

Reactions: AroEnglish