PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

MartyA

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2024
Iowa
I pretty much only smoke outside reading, and below 50 degrees F my hands get cold. I don't like hot sticky weather, but relaxing in a swinging chair, I tolerate it much better than subzero stuff.
Marty

Reactions: FLDRD and JOHN72

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I love a cigar out on the water or on the deck or dock during the long hot, humid summer. I smoke pipes and the same tobacco in the climate controlled comfort of my home year around.

Reactions: jpberg and JOHN72

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Much of my summer smoking (when it's in the 90s and the humidity is wearable) is done in the morning, evening, and night.

Sometimes even night smoking is unbearable. When it's so humid your skin is sticky and there's not even a whisper of wind... fuhgetaboutit.

Reactions: JOHN72

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
I am a creature of habit. I have a pipe in the morning with my coffee, a pipe in the afternoon with my coffee and a pipe in the evening with a soft drink, every day. The pipes are different every day and the blends may change, but the routine stays the same. Warm or cold weather, it's still the same.

Reactions: yanoJL and JOHN72

doccaliban

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2014
Pacific Northwest
I live for warm weather. Winter curtails my pipe smoking considerably, even though I have a comfortable workshop to use out of the weather. I love being on our patio, in shorts, t-shirt and no shoes.
I loved living in the islands where the coldest winter night was in the low 60's. But having developed my smoking in climes north, I just didn't care for the smoke in those conditions.

Reactions: JOHN72

doccaliban

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2014
Pacific Northwest
I'
Smoke a pipe all year round. I don’t smoke English or Latakia blends often. And Virginias, VaPers & Burley blends are favored in Spring & Summer months for me. I’ll smoke a cigar more often in the warmer months, especially on the ⛳️ course. ☕
I'm willing to admit it may be the lack of selection on my part. I typically stick with one or two blends and don't experiment. I will try some lighter options!

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I smoke more when the temperatures reach 100+ since that's the norm around here and I don't smoke in my house. Weekend trips into the surrounding mountains when the temperatures there are in the low 90s are pipe heaven.

lraisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 4, 2011
Granite Falls, Washington state
Title edited for caps. Please see rule 9.

I live in the Pacific Northwest. Smoking my pipes has always been a cool weather activity for me. Moving to the tropics years ago is why I quit... just too warm. Back home these last few years and starting to dabble again.
I'm also in the PNW and I smoke year round. Heat's on in the winter and AC in the summer, so it makes little difference.