PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Personally I think it's a great idea...they should start doing every newscast that way. And if they started including some alligator wrestling even I might start watching CNN.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
My rain hat's off to Anderson "Wide Mouth Bass" Cooper. We don't see enough video coverage of ditches on network news, IMHO.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
This is a long thread for a long storm. The wind is long gone to sea, but the water it deposited is still backed up and about sixteen rivers in the Carolinas are crested or still to do so. Long after Florence has faded from the news, folks here will be digging out and building back, or moving out. The NYT had a good headline saying this is the "latest hundred-year flood." I believe the human fatality count for the Carolinas is well over thirty. The loss of livestock is well into the millions. Coal ash pits, hog lagoons, and large production chicken houses have entered the water supply many places. Whew. Sunny in the eighties here today. In Raleigh, we are drying out.

bluto

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2018
Whoa , that is quite the log jam. Take care of your drinking water supply , it’s probably the most valuable resource of all.
Wise to keep a few rain barrels filled for times like this.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Re ACooper, Hey, gotta have a frame of reference, right?
Did y'all see the shots of I-40 completely under water? Swear to God it looks like a river complete.
Sheesh, like y'all over east in NC didn't have enough hobbies to keep you occupied. G'luck, y'all's!

Status
Not open for further replies.