PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PipesRock

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2020
Florida
Wow. Very nice. I see you'll likely "need" a winter order of several 10 tin or bulk favorites out of that group. Start saving up haha. Anticipating and opening your current order should be great fun.

• Love
Reactions: ofafeather

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
After much mental debate, I decided to open the HU Tillerman and smoked a first bowl in a new clay pipe and the second bowl in a Zack Hamric briar that I've dedicated to flakes.

I then decided that I should have ordered at least two more tins of the Tillerman. For something that is supposed to be an aromatic, it smokes damn good straight from the tin (the two flakes in the second bowl did sit out for about 30 minutes). Easy to light, no bite and I found it to be a very light aromatic. No goop in the bottom of the briar when I finished either.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Ok. Just placed my order. I got 100g of each blend that I ordered except for Soraya (forgot to get 2 50g tins) , Krater Plug (200g) and Director's Cut (Got 100g tin + 250g bag). Also found some Dunhill MM BB1938 and MM 221B. Good thing HU was on sale! I saved a lot! ? Thanks for posting all of your suggestions.

10 x Alfred Dunhill My Mixture 221B Baker St. Pipe tobacco 50g Tin
10 x Alfred Dunhill My Mixture BB1938 Pipe tobacco 50g Tin
1 x HU-tobacco OWB Directors Cut Pipe tobacco 100g Tin
1 x HU-tobacco AL Asmara Pipe tobacco 100g Tin
1 x HU-tobacco AL Nyala Pipe tobacco 100g Tin
1 x HU-tobacco AL Tuarekh Pipe tobacco 100g Tin
1 x HU-tobacco AL Zulu Pipe tobacco 100g Tin
2 x HU-tobacco Krater-Plug Pipe tobacco 100g Tin
1 x HU-tobacco OWB Balkan Passion Pipe tobacco 100g Tin
1 x HU-tobacco OWB Edward G Pipe tobacco 100g Tin
1 x HU-tobacco PRF Janneman Flake Pipe tobacco 100g Tin
1 x HU-tobacco TBP Out of Africa Pipe tobacco 100g Tin
1 x HU-tobacco TBP Take Five Pipe tobacco 100g Tin
2 x HU-tobacco UP Dockworker Flake Pipe tobacco 50g Tin
2 x HU-tobacco UP Flanagan Flake Pipe tobacco 50g Tin
2 x HU-tobacco UP Haymaker Flake Pipe tobacco 50g Tin
2 x HU-tobacco UP Jerry Saronno (Cherry) Pipe tobacco 50g Tin
1 x HU-tobacco UP Joschis Oriental Sunrise Pipe tobacco 100g Tin
1 x HU-tobacco UP Olafs Favourite English Pipe tobacco 100g Tin
1 x HU-tobacco UP Old Fredder's Broken Flake Pipe tobacco 100g Tin
1 x HU-tobacco OWB Directors Cut Pipe tobacco 250g Economy Pack
1 x HU-tobacco Pipedreams Soraya Pipe tobacco 50g Tin
Turns out it wasn’t on sale, just the VAT reduction. Still good prices though, and a great variety.

Order shipped today, July 10. 6 weeks puts it about August 21. 10 weeks about September 18. Should we have a pool, ??

PipesRock

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2020
Florida
Wed Aug 12th, my guess.
Mine shipped June 17 and was in NY and NJ this week and says it departed NJ today for Florida. I'm still not looking for it till Tue/Wed. Before Thu is excellent time.

• Love

kwg116

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 21, 2017
Glad you bumped this thread. I spent the afternoon putting together an order. Now I just have to sit on it for a little bit to justify spending this amount of money on one order.

kwg116

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 21, 2017
I know the feeling. Sigh.
I know how you’re feeling. I swear every time I order it is what it is and I’m not going to check the tracking every day. Then a week goes by and I start checking and basically stress until it arrives. But when that box arrives it’s like Christmas.

• Love

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
My order has been in Los Angeles for the last two weeks. As of August 3rd it's "moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility."

It's been "in transit" for a week. Doesn't take a week to get from LAX to Burbank, even on crutches. Evidently. some policy changes instituted by some imbecile appointed to run the USPS has cut working hours resulting in massive backlogs. Personally, I can wait to get my box of blends. But for people dependent on the mail to deliver their prescriptions, these policies could be devastating.

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
I love these- “moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility."

A complete mystery then all of a sudden it’s BANG! I’m on your front porch!

As to sensitive prescriptions- my wife is dependent as a post transplant survivor. Our hospital uses overnight FedEx or UPS exclusively. They aren’t screwing around. And we are grateful for it.

jerseysam

Can't Leave
Mar 24, 2019
Liberty Township. OH
My order has been in Los Angeles for the last two weeks. As of August 3rd it's "moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility."

It's been "in transit" for a week. Doesn't take a week to get from LAX to Burbank, even on crutches. Evidently. some policy changes instituted by some imbecile appointed to run the USPS has cut working hours resulting in massive backlogs. Personally, I can wait to get my box of blends. But for people dependent on the mail to deliver their prescriptions, these policies could be devastating.

The international hubs are rocked between Covid-related issues and the hours reduction. I get a lot of international orders coming through Chicago, and it's taking 3-4 weeks to clear.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Turns out it wasn’t on sale, just the VAT reduction. Still good prices though, and a great variety.

Order shipped today, July 10. 6 weeks puts it about August 21. 10 weeks about September 18. Should we have a pool, ??

August 26 is the winner! I’m very happy to report that my order arrived in good nick on Wednesday. I’m not sure that I would be willing to risk a future order as the the stories of returned shipments to the US are adding up and I feel more fortunate than ever that mine actually arrived. Heard from a fellow forum member yesterday whose package was recalled by customs from his local PO. This really sucks. Seems like something is happening on a level that we’re not aware of and getting information, especially accurate information, is next to impossible.

Duke of Erinmore

Can't Leave
Jul 5, 2020
Bayreuth, Bavaria, Germany
August 26 is the winner! I’m very happy to report that my order arrived in good nick on Wednesday. I’m not sure that I would be willing to risk a future order as the the stories of returned shipments to the US are adding up and I feel more fortunate than ever that mine actually arrived. Heard from a fellow forum member yesterday whose package was recalled by customs from his local PO. This really sucks. Seems like something is happening on a level that we’re not aware of and getting information, especially accurate information, is next to impossible.
Funny story, the other way round works smoother than ever at the moment. Many German colleagues report that their last US orders were not only delivered quickly, but more often that not German customs waived the fees (albeit proper declaration) and applied the highly coveted green sticker.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
It really makes no sense at all

Status
Not open for further replies.