PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
Welcome from a Boston yankee....Give Seattle Pipe club Jazz a try. It might be right up your alley. There is a lot of camaraderie and good advice on this site. Hope you will enjoy it.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Thanks, my friend! Hurricane season's been mighty quiet - I'm kinda waiting for the other shoe to drop while hoping it doesn't!
You trying to jinx us?

If you ever come to New Orleans, the New Orleans pipe club meets the 4th Thursday in the month at Mayan Imports in Metairie. The official meeting time is 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm but some of us are usually there from two or three in the afternoon.

Also, on Sept. 21, Bill Haggerty one of the sales reps for Laudisi will be at the meeting. He always brings a good selection of Peterson and Savinelli pipes and accessories and offers a good discount on anything bought at the meeting.

DaSOB

Lurker
Aug 7, 2023
I have two tins of The Beast that I have been very excited to crack open! I have not tried it yet, but made a trade for some based on reviews, as well as wanting to try something with that high of a perique content. I think that the highest content blend i have tried so far is Haddo's Delight, which i would highly recommend if you haven't tried it yet. I believe it's inspirations are similar to The Beasts (a blend that Aleister Crowley would have enjoyed)
I really like it. The rum flavor is good and solid over the Perique's peppery spiciness. Has a pretty good nic hit also. I'll check into that Haddo's Delight. My taste runs to the strong English blends like Peterson's Nightcap as well as anything with a good helping of Perique.

Reactions: midcentry

orvet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2023
Willamette Valley of Oregon
Welcome from the Willamette Valley of Oregon.

Also thank you for your service! I was in the Marine Corps and had intended to stay but got Medevac home as I was trying to reenlist. They told me I was broken and couldn't play anymore!

Welcome aboard! Find a rack and stow your gear. The smoking lamp is lit!

Reactions: DaSOB

DaSOB

Lurker
Aug 7, 2023
Welcome from the Willamette Valley of Oregon.

Also thank you for your service! I was in the Marine Corps and had intended to stay but got Medevac home as I was trying to reenlist. They told me I was broken and couldn't play anymore!

Welcome aboard! Find a rack and stow your gear. The smoking lamp is lit!
Thanks, Brother, and Thank you for YOUR service! I got a lot of respect for Marines. You got medevac'ed out - you take fire? Purple Heart? What theater were you in? I was in during Viet Nam, but I lucked out and got sent to Germany to help keep an eye on the Sovs. Thank God they never decided to come over and play - first thing they would have done would have been to nuke every NATO base west of the DDR. We went on alert several times thinking that THIS was gonna be the big one.

I always wanted to visit the PNW but never got up that way. Y'all have some beautiful country.

Reactions: orvet

jeremyreeves

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 14, 2015
Going down there is on my bucket list. I LOVE C&D's "The Beast", which is is a small batch run made from a hefty dose of Perique soaked in Rum. Nearest I can get to it on a regular basis is Holger Danske Black and Bourbon, which is loaded with bourbon, but is composed of Burley and Black Cavendish with no Perique.
Howdy and welcome from South Carolina! Glad to hear The Beast is treating you right. I am in your neck of the woods several times a year. Shoot me a DM if you would like to come see the operation at 31 Farms sometime, since you are so close!

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Howdy, y'all! My real name is Sam and I live just upriver from where holy Perique is grown. I'm 72, retired, USAF vet, never married (but got a wonderful GF!). I'm a licensed pilot, I collect firearms, and I enjoy good tobacco. Been smoking a pipe seriously for the last couple of years and I really enjoy it.

I'm looking for some guidance and input from experienced smokers, so I'll post my questions in the appropriate forum. Nice to be here!
Right back at ya, from the home of Dark Fired!