PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

SunriseBoy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2021
Toowoomba
Brendan, you're not going to believe this. Here I am thinking I'm doing just great stoving some PS LNF, and I've followed the poster's instruction to do it at 190 degrees. Uh huh. Yeah...F, not C.
Dear God, I've just done 350g of that PS LNF at 190 degrees C.
Hell, don't I feel stupid?!

SunriseBoy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2021
Toowoomba
Hi Robin.
I wrapped the top with al-foil before screwing the lid back on, as you say not too tight. I did 2 hours at 80deg Celsius fan forced I'm pretty sure.
Hell, I wish I had remembered your 80deg C. here.
I went and reread the original post at 190deg. Problem is my autism stuff makes the dyslexia happen at the worst of times.

Reactions: Brendan

SunriseBoy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2021
Toowoomba
Nah, no worries mate. Certainly didn't take the slightest bit of offence. Not a bit.
I nearly started to pull it out of the jar, then I remembered that rehydrating it with potato peel. So, I put a half a dozen slices in, and will monitor it each week and see if I can make do a Lazarus.
Time will tell!

SunriseBoy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2021
Toowoomba
Laughing with you on the above, not at your misfortune ; hopefully you haven't put too big a dent in your stash 🙁
It was about four ounces or so. But I've still got a bit left in the box. All good.
I've got a relatively decent stash in my main box, so I'm good for a year or so.
Next order I've got Moes Confetti, SWR, and Carter Hall on the list.
Why is it that the popular OTC's are so good?
I really like PA, CH, and SWR. And there very inexpensive.

SunriseBoy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2021
Toowoomba
Just a half hour ago I just had to have a look at the situation. To my complete surprise, the potato peel is having a dramatic effect on the leaf. So a couple of weeks down the track it might be good.
I'll keep and eye on the p/peel and replace it if required. So, it doesn't look as bad as I thought it was going to be; because when I first saw it, it was "toast" 🤣!
Cheers...R.

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
Nah, no worries mate. Certainly didn't take the slightest bit of offence. Not a bit.
I nearly started to pull it out of the jar, then I remembered that rehydrating it with potato peel. So, I put a half a dozen slices in, and will monitor it each week and see if I can make do a Lazarus.
Time will tell!

Visited a friend a week ago. He showed me an amazing original Dunhill 965 mixture. As he opened the tin we saw a good amount of mould and we had to to throw the tin in the garbage. He tried to rehydrate the tobacco with apple slices. Potatoe peels may have the same effect. Just try a few drops of water on clay stones or something similar.

SunriseBoy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2021
Toowoomba
Visited a friend a week ago. He showed me an amazing original Dunhill 965 mixture. As he opened the tin we saw a good amount of mould and we had to to throw the tin in the garbage. He tried to rehydrate the tobacco with apple slices. Potatoe peels may have the same effect. Just try a few drops of water on clay stones or something similar.
Thanks for that, brother. But the p/peel is working well.

Reactions: UB 40

SunriseBoy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2021
Toowoomba
Guys, you won't believe this. Just checked the 'toasted' LNF, and it looks just brilliant. Has nearly all of the original texture and is not crumbling, or breaking down at all. And the aroma is wonderful.
I put some more p/peel in and will leave it for say 48 hours and then check it to see how its travelling.
But so far, it's a miracle. "Toast" to champagne. No worries!

SunriseBoy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2021
Toowoomba
Just checked the second insertion of the p/peel. It was really quite hydrated. Probably about 15% too much so pulled out the peel.
The flake is just fine. I'll have to let it dry a bit longer than usual, but, boy, that was a very close shave.
I weighed the amount, and it was seven and half ounces worth; so I'm glad I didn't just chuck in the bin!
The really big surprise for me, was, that it only took three days for it to come good.

Reactions: gamzultovah

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Just checked the second insertion of the p/peel. It was really quite hydrated. Probably about 15% too much so pulled out the peel.
The flake is just fine. I'll have to let it dry a bit longer than usual, but, boy, that was a very close shave.
I weighed the amount, and it was seven and half ounces worth; so I'm glad I didn't just chuck in the bin!
The really big surprise for me, was, that it only took three days for it to come good.
But the big test is how it tastes. Be sure to let us know.