How Much Do You Spend On Your Average TAD Purchase?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
New Accessories
9 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
9 Fresh Brigham Pipes
36 Fresh Chacom Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcrguns

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
Lately it has been $200-$300 per order. Like Roth, I am getting what is on sale and stocking my cellar. Hopefully I will get enough soon! It is a bad addiction! :puffy:

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Yeah, $100 seems my average, but I'm trying to lower it. Carey's had a special variety pack that I shelled out for recently to get a little variety, but basically I've established what I use: L Q1, Maple Street, and my beloved Molto Dolce without which I cannot live. I get a little annoyed that flakes and tins tend to dry before I have a chance to use them, so I haven't been getting much of those.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I'm in the average, about $100 per order whether online or at my local B&M. Most of my orders go to the B&M. While the price can be a little higher, I appreciate having a good tobacconist within 15 minutes. There are very few real tobacconists left in L.A.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I wait until the pipe show and buy what I want there. The prices are good and there is no shipping. I also find lots of free samples. But I smoke far less than you guys.
Winton

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Was doing around 100 every two weeks to get my cellar complete. Now I'm done, and have enough till I die. Unless something new comes out of course!

ithelouniverse

Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
I don't really like having too many tins open at once. I usually only get an English tin, a Virginia tin, and an aro... I also have a glass jar I keep filled with a bulk English I know I like in case my TAD is a bust and I don't like any of them... So I'd say 50-100 at a time.

domminigan

Lurker
Jan 22, 2014
$50 or less if I have something specific in mind. Stocking up, usually between $100 and 500 per order. I try to keep it under $2,000 a month.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
a little over $100.00
got to 4noggins and put the same stuff in the cart.. put psf in the code box and see how much you will save.

escioe

Oct 31, 2013
I'm at $100 every three months or so. I've got enough of a backlog and smoke maybe 10-12 pipes a week so that I'm building a cellar, slowly but surely. Once the career begins in August, I'll probably double the orders for a while so I can get a nice stock going. I don't need to buy all the tobacco I'll ever smoke, but I'd love to have five years' worth on hand. I've got about two years right now.
but that's usually only after I've won at poker night and have plenty of extra cash on hand.
My inclination would be to take the money for poker and spend it on tobacco instead, but that's just me.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
My last order from 4noggins was about 75$ Which is pretty much the same everytime I try to stay under 8 oz being in Canada and that usually means I'm spending around 80$ including 16$ shipping. The shipping is the reason why I order from 4noggins it is very reasonable.

I buy ten pounds a month exclusively for the cellar. I won't be smoking any of that for at least a year. But, I buy at least one tin a week at the B&M, mainly as my self-imposed admission for hanging out there and enjoying the smoking room and its camaraderie. I am there quite a bit, so I also get to sample lots of tobaccos that I probably wouldn't think to buy, and sometimes I get thrown a free tin or two of something promotional that the owner would rather test on a guinea pig. :puffy:

PlanxtyPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2013
No average or set amount for me. Sometimes if I go to a B&M I'll spend $20. This month I happened to spend about $100 but that's a lot for me. Usually I might make a $30-40 order every 6 weeks or so. Hopefully I'll be able to start cellaring more soon. I definitely need to put in a big order for Escudo sometime soon!

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
This seems like the oddest thread to me. . . We all have different financial situations and TAD desires. I can't imagine how one pipesmoker's habits could or should have any bearing on another's.
Nevertheless, here I am, playing the game. . .
If I'm in an actual B&M, I'll typically spend anywhere from $30-100 on pipe tobacco. If I'm ordering from SmokingPipes.com (my preferred online vendor), it'll be anywhere from $75-$400.
Bob

I know, right? I think of it as merely a fun informational thread, unless of course the online venues are using it to compile a list of what the current overall market is like. I should note that I am only buying this much tobacco as long as my current abstinence from booze, women, and exotic locations runs its course.

Aug 14, 2012
First of all, I do not have TAD. My cellar, which includes over 1200 cans, is not symptomatic of a disorder, but rather, the result of common sense and economical planning. When acquiring it I took advantage of sales and NEVER paid for shipping. The average order was about $250.

oldmannk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 11, 2014
Around $100.00. Until I get my new cellar stock. Still having fun trying new tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.