PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

GCW

Can't Leave
Nov 17, 2019
Seattle
Seeing as tobacco is all but disappearing and will disappear sooner than later I need to get on the hoarding wagon. 13lbs isn't gonna cut it long term.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

wilblee

Lurker
Mar 2, 2021
Jars in the dishwasher on Sanitize. Bags at the ready. Let the collaring continue.

gsKdkMq.jpg

Singularis

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
Jars in the dishwasher on Sanitize. Bags at the ready. Let the collaring continue.

gsKdkMq.jpg
Quite the haul! I think that represents more than I currently have cellared myself, most of that in 2oz tins, with some scattered 4 and 8oz tins and some jars of bulk. Is this all from The Country Squire? Old Toby sounds like something I ought to try some day.

wilblee

Lurker
Mar 2, 2021
Quite the haul! I think that represents more than I currently have cellared myself, most of that in 2oz tins, with some scattered 4 and 8oz tins and some jars of bulk. Is this all from The Country Squire? Old Toby sounds like something I ought to try some day.

Just the Bag End and Old Toby are from the Country Squire. The rest are from Smoking pipes,Tobacco pipes, and Watch Cit’s.

I would heartily recommend Old Toby to any but the most extreme anti-aro smokers.

Jul 3, 2020
Scottish Borders
Since starting the pipe last year I bought various tins from my local to me pipe shop (an hours drive) Mostly Samuel Gawith’s and Peterson’s. I’ve since bought up around 10lbs from the US, all blends that I can’t get here. The price difference is significant with the average tin of 50grs costing £16 / $23 here in UK. Even with the cost of shipping I’m averaging £2.34 an oz when buying in from the US. I average a bowl a day, more so on days off and holidays.
Happy smokes
Ettrick puffer

OtcBastid

Lurker
May 19, 2021
I have about 50 lbs stored away, at last inventory. I don't smoke all that much, so I should (based on some rough calculations) be set for at least the nest 50 years. And before you laugh, I'm 27, so living another 50 years is a possibility.
Sea level rise, probably will get soggy. Smoke for today. How in gods name did you afford 50 pounds of tobacco at age 27? You must gamble or work a good job. Lucky you.

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
Sea level rise, probably will get soggy. Smoke for today. How in gods name did you afford 50 pounds of tobacco at age 27? You must gamble or work a good job. Lucky you.
I mean, I do have a good job, but 50lbs of Cornell and Diehl bulk (for example) would only come to about $2,000. Spread that out over five years or so, and you’re looking at a dollar a day, more or less.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I was making more money at 27 than I make these days at 59. I think he needs to double down on his 50 with the changes coming.