PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stosho

Might Stick Around
Aug 10, 2013
I'm at about 35 in a pretty short time. Most are standard everyday pipes which I generally like. I am planning to try and sell of a good chunk of these and a Koolsmoke set I have so I can consider purchasing a couple pipes that are a bit more upscale.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If you have five or ten pipes, don't be apologetic. It's a good place to be. I remember when I had about that

many. What an interesting time was ahead.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I have north of 150 (which shocked me as I was adding them up in my head just now) but would like to get down to 75.
I would like to get some pipes on here and/or ebay soon.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Hundreds, according to my 'puter. Never seen any reason to get rid of any, since I love them all and each one has a story. I do puff them all, except for the several dozen yet to be broken in. And most of those I've gotten in the last year or so.
Presently preoccupied getting a few more fly rods, since I've decided hundreds of those aren't enough.
hp

les

steyrshrek

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
2 Askwith's

2 Savinelli's

1 Brebia

1 Peterson

1 Caminetto

1 Brigham
So 8 right now. I'd like to add a birth year Dunhill, a Radice, a Castello, and another Askwith commission would be nice too.

fishingandpipes

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2013
25 to-me high ends see regular use. Some "field pipes" for camping.
Too many, IMO. I used to have many more but have pared down. I like the ones I have too much to go much further. Variety is nice but there's only so much time in a day. Maybe if I could smoke in the office I could use more.
I'll probably end up with more but every one needs to fit and smoke flawlessly.

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
At least 40 custombilts. Probably about another 30 for the rest of my rotation, and 20 or 30 on the restore into my collection many will probably end up in the following catagory, and 50 or 60 to restore and sell with minor stem to no problems and just need cleaned up... so many that would be great for someone... oh God I'm a Hoarder.

minfarshaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
I have 3 briars and 2 cobs. I'm just window shopping for now but will get another briar this month.

doctorthoss

Oct 6, 2011
30 briars, 12 cobs, 4 clays and 2 meers.

The briars run the gamut from a pair of Ardors to Doc Grabows, with a slew of Savs, Gatlin-Burley house pipes and Stanwells (amongst others).

The cobs are all MM, of course. One of the meets is a cheap "tobacco store" pipe that my son, not knowing any better, got me but the second meer is a beautiful IMP.
Bizarre as this might sound, but I really don't feel the urge to buy any more pipes. I'm plenty happy with what I have, although I guess TAD might strike again. On the other hand, I NEVER feel I have tobacco….

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Whatever I answered last time, it's now even more. Just added two more family era Barlings, the first of which arrived today. It's barely been smoked, never seen a buffer, stem's black, and hasn't got a mark on it. Just needs some cleaning from sitting in a drawer for the past 60 years.

The other one is a bit of a mystery as the pictures were not good. It's their biggest, baddest, pot, a 352 in an EXEXEL size. If you are inclined to smoke complex English or Oriental blends, a pot is where it's at. And nobody made a better pot than Barling. If I "read" the pictures correctly, this one will need some work to clean up, but is otherwise sound. Should get the 352 in a few days. So now I have about 40 Family Era Barlings, in addition to all of the other stuff.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
37 total at the moment, but i'm telling ya the PAD flea is biting the shit out of me here lately and i am out of my flea meds! I'll see if i can get them all down here off the top of my head, as i am at work. In no particular order:
3 petersons, 2 stanwells, 1 big ben, 4 tinskys, 2 rinaldos, 1 ardor, 2 radices, 3 castellos, 1 dunhill, 1 moretti, 1 AND meerschaum, 1 mm cob, 1 spanu, 1 yeti, 1 rick black, 1 briar bird, 1 hs studio, 1 saul wopschall, 1 il ceppo, 1 hackert, 2 curtz, 1 nachwalter (briarworks), 1 david jones, 1 anan pipes, 1 sam learned, 1 brigham.
Wow, that was actually helpful to make a list and get them all down. As you can see, i have a plethora of different makers of pipes and am sort of all over the board with them, lol.

purplemotoman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2014
I am sitting right around 75. The majority of my pipes are Trypis and older Brighams. I have 2 gifted pipes from guys on this forum and 1 on the way.

Aug 14, 2012
Harris: i have received your offer. You seem confident that you will outlive me. You may be right. I went to see the MD a few days ago. She asked "are you still alive?" Then advised me to stop smoking. I responded by ordering 3 more little Dunhills, which will bring the Dunhill total to 98. Good smokes to you.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
A few briars and a few cobs. More than enough to give each pipe a decent rest and I really don’t see the need for any more than that seeing that I only smoke a few bowls a day. After all, I can only smoke one pipe at a time. If by chance one of the cobs gives up its ghost, or I feel one of the briars is not living up to its potential, and or I’m not satisfied with it any longer I’ll try to see my way clear in hopefully purchasing another. But, so far they have all served me well. :wink:

escioe

Oct 31, 2013
I've got 13 right now. Five of them are Comoy, and I'd like to have a fortnight set of them eventually. I think 21 is a nice round number, but I'm in no hurry to get there.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
I'm at about 40 now. I've reached the point where I've decided to start thinning out some pipes from my collection. Will that trend continue? Who knows. With a core group of 8 or 10 pipes that see regular use I'm starting to question the need for big herd in my stable.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
63 right now, but soon to be 64 upon the arrival of this orphan:
$_57.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.