PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
Door County Blend, at Elliot's Tobacco Shop in Sturgeon Bay, WI.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Ok here's the update:

1Q

Accountant

Wolverine

Lawrence :)

IQ-140

Yorkshire

Wilshire

Argonant

Ships Wheel

T.P.

Indian Summer

Park Avenue

Snow Flake

All Day Long

City's Own

Tipperary

Queen Mary

Tapistry

Aspen

Gardens Blend

Checkmate

Joes Blend

Normamdy

Hemingway

Timbas Own

Mariner Mixture

Door County Blend

Exotic Honey

Indescribable

Fireweed

Honey Bee

Coconut Cream

Reverie

Unique

Cape Charles

Aristocrat

Captains Blend

mattnelson23

Might Stick Around
Sep 1, 2012
My b&m calls it, "1Q Blend." Kinda makes me wonder if they really blended it, or are just not that clever with names.

millagorilla

Lurker
Mar 22, 2013
United States
The Original Tinder box here in Santa Monica calls it Wilshire. So do the Tinderbox franchises.

I've seen it as 1Q at Taylor's Cigar Lounge in Long beach.

I've also seen the Snowflake blend but it tasted similar to Wilshire/1Q. The Original Tinderbox tobacconist cracked opened their books and found that it was in fact a blend of Wilshire, Cavendish Black, and Norse Gold (I think.. something Gold).

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
In my town one store calls it Something New and the other store calls it Jubilee.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I just ordered some 1Q, which I have mysteriously never tried. I started out with Tinder Box's

Northsea, but never moved to the jar of Wilshire (1Q) next door. After reveling in English

blends and non-blended tobacco for a while, this should be a change of pace. 1Q is the

tobacco with aliases that would be the envy of a Las Vegas grifter. Thanks for compiling

this impressive list. Anyone know the source and given name of TB's Northsea? It's a kind

of neutral but tasty non-cloying aro too.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
At Greentree Tobacco here in southern NJ it is called 1Q. I am so glad to see so many of you comment on this and actually have it in your rotation. As a new pipe smoker I tried this and loved it. I have since branched off to Dunhill EMP, some GL Pease blends, and Frog Morton's Cellar, but have two pipes that I smoke my aro's in and 1Q is the blend I go to.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
When I first started smoking and when into my local B&M and asked for some 1Q, he said "Im sorry, we dont carry that. I've never heard of that before". So on the way out I noticed some I.Q. (including the dots). And I said, isn't that Lane's 1Q, he said oh no, its I.Q. IQ eh? How ironic.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Thanks for the updates guys....

As for the "I.Q.".... hmmm I'm dubious but I'm adding it anyway...

After all: "The more the merrier!"
1Q

Accountant

Wolverine

Lawrence :)

IQ-140

Yorkshire

Wilshire

Argonant

Ships Wheel

T.P.

Indian Summer

Park Avenue

Snow Flake

All Day Long

City's Own

Tipperary

Queen Mary

Tapistry

Aspen

Gardens Blend

Checkmate

Joes Blend

Normamdy

Hemingway

Timbas Own

Mariner Mixture

Door County Blend

Exotic Honey

Indescribable

Fireweed

Honey Bee

Coconut Cream

Reverie

Unique

Cape Charles

Aristocrat

Captains Blend

Ram

Seville

Something New

Jubilee

Afternoon Delight

I.Q.

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
Burlington On Whyte in Edmonton, Alberta calls 1Q........ Executive Blend.
I was in the store and wanted to know about 1Q and asked, "What is that one blend that everyone really seems to enjoy smoking?" He almost immediatelly said, "That would be 1Q, we have it here as Executive Blend". So, I had not planted anything in his mind other that a popular tobacco, so he response was honest. I got a sample from him and it was very nice. Later I ordered some 1Q from a popular etailer and when I got it, I smoked a bowl and it was quite a bit more "fresh" than the sample I got from my local B&M.

Status
Not open for further replies.