Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure there are posts like this one. I am the opposite when I have allot to to I smoke less when I have little or nothing to do I smoke more
I can't stand being idle. Just staring at a wall and smoking has never appealed to me. I know some guys do, but I prefer to just keep a pipe in clench and get my work done, but I am a jeweler that sets at a workbench all day or driving. At time when I have nothing to do, I just look for something else to do.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
1 bowl per day, skip a day here and there. It’s the evening ‘quiet the brain’ time.

This is my practice as well. It is an integral part of my nighttime wind-down. Unfortunately, lots of chaos and stress going on lately, and I’ve been either too fatigued to stay awake for a pipe, or I’ve resorted to a pack of cigarettes that day to help fuel my stress :LOL:, and I won’t waste fine pipe tobacco on myself when my palate is wrecked from cigarettes.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I can't remember what I said the last time?... but I smoke one or two bowls a day.

username

Lifer
Dec 24, 2014
Tucson Az
I usually average a bowl or two every other day. Sometimes less sometimes more just depends on when the mood strikes.

A strong tobacco is usually smoked in a smaller pipe
Try, just once, filling your largest diameter pipe with your strongest tobacco. I find that I get a deeper more rounded smoke from it, and I don't get nic sick. It's like a larger ring grain on a cigar. The thinner cigars taste more bright and can give you the nic spins faster than a wider cigar. YMMV, but it's at least worth a try.
My widest chambered pipes are all for my heavy hitters.

Reactions: gatorlope

gatorlope

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
Try, just once, filling your largest diameter pipe with your strongest tobacco. I find that I get a deeper more rounded smoke from it, and I don't get nic sick. It's like a larger ring grain on a cigar. The thinner cigars taste more bright and can give you the nic spins faster than a wider cigar. YMMV, but it's at least worth a try.
My widest chambered pipes are all for my heavy hitters.
I’ll give it a shot later today. One of my Don Mock pipes has a really wide bowl. I’ll fill it with Kajun Kake and see if I start hallucinating or not! It should be a blast!puf

wulfheard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2018
New Jersey
If you asked me this question 25 years ago it could have been anywhere from 2 to 8 bowls a day. Many would go unfinished as I would get distracted or engrossed in other activities and hobbies. Then I quit smoking for 20 years. I smoked basically nothing other than a once or twice a year cigar.

Recently (the past year) I got to missing my pipes and started taking them out cleaning, polishing and removing the oxidation from the stems. That lead to a renewed interested in smoking and collecting pipes and tobacco again. The difference now is I can only smoke outside (the wife has asthma) and it's time and weather permitting. So all in all I probably smoke about 3 or 4 bowls a week on average. With fall upon us here in the northeast, it means winter is not far behind, so frequency will drop even further until spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.