PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 13, 2019
Illinois
I am just getting started, but my goal is maybe 2-3 per week, maximum. That is where I am now just 25 bowls into my piping career... a bit less than 2.5/week over the last several months.

I keep a spreadsheet on when I smoke and my smoking combo that day... anyone else here as much of a nerd as me? I like data. I use it to monitor my bowls per week as well as have some notes to reflect back on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bowie

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
1 pipe or cigar per day and only 1, and it has to be before about 2 p.m. or it affects sleep. Sounds ridiculous, and I am missing out on a great many of the joys of evening smokes -- quiet contemplation in the dark, whiskey/brandy pairings, etc. -- but I am mostly reconciled to life as a post-breakfast or post-lunch smoker. And being relegated to one daily smoke lends itself, perhaps, to a heightened appreciation of the ritual. Or at least that's the rationale I'm working with.

Bowie

Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
I am just getting started, but my goal is maybe 2-3 per week, maximum. That is where I am now just 25 bowls into my piping career... a bit less than 2.5/week over the last several months.

I keep a spreadsheet on when I smoke and my smoking combo that day... anyone else here as much of a nerd as me? I like data. I use it to monitor my bowls per week as well as have some notes to reflect back on.
I take notes of what I smoked in a small Moleskine notebook, but I like the spreadsheet idea. Spreadsheets make life better. I do need to get my cellar contents into a spreadsheet.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
:oops:something like 3-4 bowls per day and some cigar/cigarillo or cigarette in between, nonetheless I do avoid smoking anything that smaller bowl sizes after 09 pm since I'm noticing nicotine may affect negatively on the sleep,yet I have to admit I'd like smoking more but time does not allow longer smoking sessions other than once per day if I'm lucky ,while driving If I have one hour to drive I will pick a pipe with me which fully loaded will last to the very end of that run,whatta blast full of smoke

Reactions: Bowie

docrameous

Can't Leave
May 6, 2019
Colorado

Since I started in May last year it is probably an overall average of 5 bowls a week, but can go as low as 3 or even less, effected by business travel as much as anything as my schedule and circumstances make it hard to smoke on the road. Weather is also a factor because I can only smoke outside.

I do keep a few tasting notes, but don’t track bowl count. I mainly have done this to keep track of some of the samples I have and also to see how my tastes change.

Reactions: Drew72 and Bowie

PipesRock

Jan 21, 2020
Florida
Roughly one per day weekdays and two a day weekends. Fairly new and willing to see where piping takes me. Glad to see others comment on taking notes and spreadsheets as I often jot down different blend tastes and such on a tablet.
-Rock

F4RM3R

Nov 28, 2019
Canada
I'm doing 3 per day, sometimes I'll get in another, but 3 is the min. If I'm working outside it can be all day but I'm trying to cut back a bit more as the miss wants me to . but 3 works enough for me, I smoke small bowl pipes usually, with stronger blends.

Drew72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 13, 2019
Illinois
I can't stand being idle. Just staring at a wall and smoking has never appealed to me. I know some guys do, but I prefer to just keep a pipe in clench and get my work done, but I am a jeweler that sets at a workbench all day or driving. At time when I have nothing to do, I just look for something else to do.

I'm the opposite :) I don't smoke much at all (2-3 bowls per week at most), so when I do, I am very intentional about it. I try to "gather information" with each puff I take (flavor, aroma, etc). I am just 47 years old, but like to pop in 1920's-1950's era music, just sit, and ponder/contemplate/solve the world's problems. That music, with the pipe, takes me back to a time which I think I was probably better suited. It is 45 minutes, or so, of stopping time... or perhaps better expressed, giving myself permission to slow down, if only briefly.

Cheers
Drew

Peter - CCB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
www.etsy.com
2-4 per day. Work from home so really could smoke more even. Need more pipes still. And only smoke on patio because young son so unless I’m working outside all day, I mostly have one in the morning and 2 in the evening. It’s always 60-75° here so weather isn’t an issue at least.

Reactions: docrameous
Status
Not open for further replies.