PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
1970 as a freshman in college. First tobacco was some kind of cheap cherry blend before I went to Lane's Wild Cherry then moved on to the English types. Smoked nearly all of the "drug store" blends and only really cared for Revelation.

And yes, Cortez, I do remember Greenbier. I think it was the only menthol pipe tobacco at the time.

lankfordjl

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
I started in about 1995 while in college. Didn't stay with it long, then started again in about 2003 and stopped again. But, wanting to smoke a pipe and having a pipe collection has been something I dreamed about as a 10 yr old. Walking by the pipe tobacco store and smelling the vanilla and cherry favors as a kid, and seeing my friend's dad's pipe collection - drew me like a magnet. Plus, I've always loved 1890s London stories - i.e. Charles Dicken's work and all of Sherlock Holmes; also C.S. Lewis and Tolkien's work - all of these are full of pipes! I just started back last year. I now have gotten a little out of control buying pipes and tobacco! I'm kind of obsessive - oops.. (I'm glad I'm not having to feed kids right now)

gungnir

Lurker
May 22, 2012
Just about a year and a half now...I think... time does fly when you enjoy life especially with the pipe :puffy:

tedvig

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 21, 2011
Off an on. Mostly off since 1985. Had been mostly a cigarette smoker until about a year ago and decided to get much more serious about the pipe instead. I still smoke cigarettes - especially on break at work but am working towards trying to get rid of them altogether.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Almost 35 years. Started the summer between high school and college, while working at a summer camp.
(I see that 1978 was a good year for this.)

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Since 2010, when I was 24. I got very depressed and tried to find an alternative to drinking because I was always extremely health conscious. I never turned it into a habbit, it's just something I do a couple days a week or when I am in need of relaxation/a pick me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.