PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maduroman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 15, 2010
since 1966, was 8 and made a corncob pipe. used my dad's winstons as tobacco, not very satisfying but it gave me the bug.
corncobs are my favorite pipes still...

smooth

Might Stick Around
Jan 10, 2012
1962 in Sinop Turkey while with the Army Security Agency. Smoked whatever our small PX had.

choch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 10, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
29 years, since 1983, when I was 17 years old. I started out with Tinder Box aromatics. I've smoked strictly English & Balkan blends for the past 20 years now.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Since April 16, 2011. So just over a year. Since I'm mainly a cigar enthusiast I only smoked my pipe 3-4 times a month until about January of this year. Now I enjoy one of my pipes on a regular basis.

busyhands94

Might Stick Around
May 29, 2012
My first bowl of tobacco was when I was 14, I used American Spirit original blend in a homemade corncob. It's a good smoke actually, despite the fact I was inhaling and didn't know how to do it right. I don't care if it was cigarette tobacco in a homemade corncob pipe, I liked it a lot. I quit when I was 15, started again when I was 16 and have been smoking my pipe ever since.
Shortly after my 18th birthday I finally worked up the courage to tell my parents that I'm a pipe smoker and I love it. They weren't mad, that surprised the heck out of me. My parents are kind enough to accept that I smoke a pipe, it's good.
Just my story, sorry if it's a bit uneventful.

~Levi

sabertooth

Lurker
May 30, 2012
Probably 3 years ago now, but it wasn't mine, and no one knew "how" to do it right. It was just a wreak then, with one of my friends lighting the hell out of his pipe ( Like a weed pipe or something)

guitarguy86

Jul 6, 2012
Started a couple of years ago, quit after about two months due to lack of knowledge. Finally started up again about a month ago. This time I think I'm sticking with it because I've found this site, where I can find answers to just about anything related to pipe smoking.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
As of today I've been smoking a pipe for exactly 361 days. Wife gave me a pipe on our anniversary.
Which is comin up here aint it? hehe. :puffy:

burg

Might Stick Around
May 12, 2012
Off and on since 1997. Been completely into it for the past 1 1/2 to 2 years... loving it!

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
I just started this past week. I used to smoke cigars but after becoming disabled and not able to work several years ago I gave them up since I couldn't afford that luxury any longer. A few weeks ago the pipe, which always intrigued me, began to beckon; a few guys I know are closet pipers and I just found out about that. Having given up (mostly) cigarettes almost three years ago I turned to snuff. I've been thinking about quitting the dip and thought that a pipe might help and be enjoyable, too. I did a lot of Internet searches and reading, finding this site in the process. I trolled here for maybe a week before I bought myself the only pipe I could find locally: a Dr Graybow Grand Duke straight, rusticated. So far the "plan" is going well: I'm really enjoying the smoke and dipping less.

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
I love my pipes and EL DEL REY MUNDO cigars. Both for 10 years. I quit cigarettes 18 years ago. Smoked sense I was 15. I'm now 65. 8 years of no smoking at all. I truly enjoy my pipe now. It's relaxing for me.

theotherspace

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 15, 2011
Liverpool, UK
Since the summer of 1994, I was 13 when I started. Have had some no smoking breaks in that time but always seem to end up back with the pipe.

morton

May 3, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Bought my first pipe 31 years ago give or take a month. I smoked pipe off and on, dabbled in cigars which I still smoke occasionally and cigarettes which I gave up some years ago until the present. And now I've got too many pipes and too much tobacco to ever quit so I'm a lifer, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.