PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

strave19

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 13, 2011
I started up when I was about 17. 2004 or so. Been smoking and collecting pipes/tobacco off and on ever since, so about 8 years now. I've learned a lot but there is still a lot to learn.
I wish I would have known what blends to stock up on then. It seems that there did not used to be "fad" blends like FVF, Stonehaven, or Penzance that people buy out whenever they find them now simply because if they dont, someone else will. I digress... simpler times back then :wink:

joshy

Might Stick Around
Aug 26, 2011
Started in 2011. It only lasted a few months due to lack of funds. Finally started getting money coming in, got a new home and saw my cobs packed up with a couple tins of tobacco that I had from the previous summer and it seemed fine so I started up smoking again. Been about a week, and now that I actually can afford tobacco I don't believe I'll be stopping again any time soon. :D

mgfiest

Lurker
Jul 31, 2012
Leamington Ontario
I say about 1967, my dad had a Smoke Shop and as a kid, tried the ciggy and was not me. Took up winetipped cigars for a while and then into good old DR and Cuban cigars. About a couple years later, we were selling Brigham pipes and thought.. what the hey.. been smoking since then. I have tried all kinds of pipe tobacco and they are all different and good in many ways.

vespertillio

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2012
One moth to the day. Still a newbie and still lots and lots to learn. I'm glad I found the right place to go for answers though. :)

oldredbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2012
Just started about 6 weeks ago. I have smoked cigs for 40 years, and never knew you could really enjoy smoking this much. Thanks to all the good people here and you're wisdom, for making this hobby so much of a pleasure.

Aug 1, 2012
1998 for about 6 months

2010 wifey bought me a pipe for Christmas and I smoke it when it's warm enough to go outside.

jallen49

Might Stick Around
Aug 11, 2011
Started dabbling with the pipe about five years ago, and have been slowly picking up the pace with ebbs and flows ever since.

I agree with Kevin, it is so interesting to hear everyone's history with the tool we all share a love for.

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
I've been smoking this one for about 30 minutes and it is delicious. Well seasoned nording freehand, half perique half Latakia. Doesn't smell nice though.

chopz

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2011
i think i answered this question before. i've been smoking nearly a year this time around. before that i first smoked a pipe around 77 - 78, and then again i took it up around 80 or 81. i tried smoking it again between then and now but it never took. i've been a cigarette smoker during all those years and have always tried to use other forms of tobacco consumption to get away from cigarettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.