How Do You Reconcile With Pipe Smoking's Health Risks?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
I only recently quit cigarettes, and I quit due to the risk being much higher than the reward with them. I smoke 1-3 pipes a day now, and since quitting the cigs I enjoy the pipe much more. For me, the reward (relaxation, anxiety reduction, discovering tastes etc) is worth whatever risk I may be subjecting myself to.

It’s a personal choice for each of us to make, how much we smoke and how often, whether or not we throw in the occasional inhale (I know I do). At the end of the day, I believe that the risks involved with pipe smoking are real, but pretty small when compared to cigarette use and so I generally don’t give it too much worry.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Jeopardy Category: Species

Answer: What are Humans?

Question: What is the only species created by God that constantly works to thwart God's will?

If God wanted us to live forever, he would have made us immortal.
If God had wanted us to live without pleasure, he wouldn't have created pipe tobacco, alcohol or the desire for sex.

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
Jeopardy Category: Species

Answer: What are Humans?

Question: What is the only species created by God that constantly works to thwart God's will?

If God wanted us to live forever, he would have made us immortal.
If God had wanted us to live without pleasure, he wouldn't have created pipe tobacco, alcohol or the desire for sex.
Verrry Interesting though, I guess you aren't of the gnostic school of thought.

Reactions: chopper

LEP7cv

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2020
Portugal
pipe smoking does some damage to the body, but it's healthy for our spirit. are we a spiritual being having a human experience? imagine if after we die, the spirit carries on, I prefer to risk it and get it healthy and happy! hiihhihiih

Status
Not open for further replies.